Notices

tv online, and streaming device

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 06:28 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default tv online, and streaming device

anyone have good luck at the tracks using a streaming device like the amazon fire tv hd units, and a streaming live tv service?
i have some tracvision RV1 satellite that came with my motorhome, thing is total dog. barely works, direct tv doesnt have HD with it, etc. and DISH doesnt have an eaqstern satellite with HD. i yanked it all.
i get over the air HD that works really nicely but i was thinking for like 15/month seems like services like sling, hulu, etc. have live tv streaming.
anyone use them? like one over the other?
you think the bandwidth on my cell phone set up as a hotspot/mobile sharng would be suffice?
any other ideas or suggestions??
Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
anyone have good luck at the tracks using a streaming device like the amazon fire tv hd units, and a streaming live tv service?
i have some tracvision RV1 satellite that came with my motorhome, thing is total dog. barely works, direct tv doesnt have HD with it, etc. and DISH doesnt have an eaqstern satellite with HD. i yanked it all.
i get over the air HD that works really nicely but i was thinking for like 15/month seems like services like sling, hulu, etc. have live tv streaming.
anyone use them? like one over the other?
you think the bandwidth on my cell phone set up as a hotspot/mobile sharng would be suffice?
any other ideas or suggestions??
We've streamed Netflix and Prime on a hotspot and some wifi at various places. VIR and Summit Point wifi both good enough to stream in the paddock, for example.

Hulu live is geolocated and doesn't work when we are on the road. Not sure about the other live TV streaming options.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:57 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have Direct TV Now and At&t mobile the data for streaming is free. I haven't tried watching on a TV through my phone, but on the phone the quality is perfect.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:42 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I've not tried too many places yet, but I'm streaming over my unlimited Verizon MIFI in the RV. We stayed at the dealership for a few days when we picked it up and were able to stream two TVs with no problem. I cut the cord many years ago, so use Roku and have Sling, Netflix, Hulu, etc. I'm sure there will be tracks where the signal is crap and we won't be able to use it very well. Glad to hear that VIR is good, I'm headed that way tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 AM
monochrom3
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 86 Posts

I have a Vizio Smart TV (chromecast), and no problems streaming from my phone. TV connected via MiFi (on same data plan as my phone). Much easier to use than my digital antenna setup.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Found a problem with the unlimited Verizon wifi, it's not unlimited at fast speeds. After using 30gb in 15 days, they throttled us back to the point that it is unusable. Verizon stated that they have the right to limit service after 25gb.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:00 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Lots of good info here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvinternet/
Old 07-14-2019, 08:33 AM
jorligan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have used my phone to stream (ATT) through Roku. Directv now has a HD dish but you can't use it in motion.

Quick Reply: tv online, and streaming device