Notices

Futura Trailer

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:29 PM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

had someone ask me how i load the car without damage to the front. i picked up a small convex mirror (link below) and am currently working out a permanent mounting system. i attached it temporarily with zip ties to the bottom of the tire rack so i can see as i get closer.

Amazon Amazon

view from my seat

Old Today, 08:29 PM
achenator
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
had someone ask me how i load the car without damage to the front. i picked up a small convex mirror (link below) and am currently working out a permanent mounting system. i attached it temporarily with zip ties to the bottom of the tire rack so i can see as i get closer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

view from my seat

That's awesome but my main issue is getting the back wheels lined up as much as it is the front. My 991.2 3 RS only has about 2 inches or less on either side of the rear tire from the side lip/ rail on the trailer. I usually winch on with the window down and car running so I can steer it on.
Old Today, 08:57 PM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

gotcha. my solution was just to not smash the front lip. not sure if you use additional ramps or not but placing some marks on the end of the trailer, or even some tape, in the right spots will line you up each time. did that on a 930 years ago due to it's fat rear end as well.

Quick Reply: Futura Trailer