Notices

Weight distributing hitch

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Weight distributing hitch

I've always used WDHs when I was towing my enclosed trailers (21 and 28'), but never with open trailers as I thought they were unnecessary. That was the case back when I was pulling my 5k open trailer with an F250, but my results with the Yukon XL have not been as good. Going over bumps or uneven roads I could feel the back end pogo, and if the car was not positioned just right, the trailer would sway at speeds when passing or being passed. So, before the trip to NOLA earlier this month, I installed a WHD and wish I would have done it sooner. Guess I always thought it would be overkill, but the trailer tracks very well and sometimes it feels like it's not even there.

Well worth the $300.
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2017, 03:12 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Check your tongue weight. You may have been too light. I tow an open trailer and 996GT3 with my Cayenne and not issue with swaying. I have about 5-600lb on the hitch.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Absolutely, there were times that I would have to stop to move the car forward to get it to ride correctly (PITA). With the WHD setup, start a bit heavy in front and adjust by chain link, easy.

Quick Reply: Weight distributing hitch