Notices

With all this talk about Featherlite's - here's what I've done to my 20'

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 03:24 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default With all this talk about Featherlite's - here's what I've done to my 20'

When I bought my Boxster S race car - I sold our Aluma tilt trailer since I had no way of securing the car - no key, windows etc. We already had a Q7 TDI which is my wifes work car. So we opted for a smaller lighter enclosed trailer. Picked up a silver Featherlite 20 footer. I've been slowly adding stuff to the trailer. Started with side railing to hold my race ramps, jack and chairs. Then added the tire rack. I fabricated some brackets to secure it to the side railings. Added the cabinet to store various fluids around the same time. Then put in the Nitrogen tank holder (car has air jacks and motons).

Next up is some floor covering - not sure if I'll do coin or diamond tread. Then a solar panel system to power the lights, monitor and various other stuff.

Overall happy with how it's come out.

Front of the trailer. Fold down 36" table is perfect for my needs. Just put the monitor in as my wife bought a larger one for home. The lower cabinet is actually a roller cabinet that I modified to use a base. Added the tool chest on top and bolted it to the base. Top cabinet added along with this recently. Strap hanger is to the left.

Rack shot.

Tire rack brackets.

Another pic of the rack mounting.

Rear of the trailer. Ramps, chairs, canopy mounted to the wall. Folding table and mount added recently.

Large cabinets added pretty recently, fluids cabinet added right when I got the trailer. Mounted the towel holder and flashlight holder to the cabinet.

Hung this up this morning.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice setup!!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-12-2017, 01:01 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! Nice set up. What are you using the large Nitrogen bottle for? Do you have air jacks?

Charley
Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CharleyH
Looks great! Nice set up. What are you using the large Nitrogen bottle for? Do you have air jacks?

Charley
Yup. They were on the car when I bought it and the seller included the pressure regulator, wand, rebuild kit's and spare jacks. I was originally looking for the smaller two cylinder setups on wheels but they are very expensive. With this - when I run out - I call airgas and they come pick up the cylinder and leave a new one.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:50 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hoyt
Nice setup!!
Thanks - it's perfect for my needs!
Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Nice!
Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:06 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome use of space!

Quick Reply: With all this talk about Featherlite's - here's what I've done to my 20'