Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Mile, Unicorn Spec 2008 Z4M Coupe [6MT, 48k Miles]

For Sale

2008 BMW Z4

03-20-2023, 08:05 PM | Replies: 10 | Views: 6167
  • 2008 BMW Z4 - Low Mile, Unicorn Spec 2008 Z4M Coupe [6MT, 48k Miles] - Used - VIN 5UMDU93578LM08602 - 48,300 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Gray - Riverside, CA 92507, United States
    Sold
  • 2008 BMW Z4 - Low Mile, Unicorn Spec 2008 Z4M Coupe [6MT, 48k Miles] - Used - VIN 5UMDU93578LM08602 - 48,300 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Gray - Riverside, CA 92507, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $38,000
    • OBO
  • Location Riverside, CA, 92507, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 5UMDU93578LM08602
  • Mileage 48,300
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Gray
Description:

I am pleased to offer this extremely rare, unicorn spec Z4M Coupe for sale on consignment with a clean CA title. The car will be available for viewing at the UCR campus, and test drives are available with proof of funds in hand. I am not a dealer - I am a private seller consigning a car on behalf of a close friend. PPIs welcomed at buyer's expense.

Sold new in AZ and powered by the S54 I6 from the E46 M3, this 2008 Z4M Coupe is reportedly 1/48 in the USA finished in Space Grey Metallic and 1 of only ~1800 Z4M Coupes delivered stateside. Most importantly, this car was optioned without iDrive, making it a "stripper," "slick-dash," or "single-hump" spec. Paired with a 6-speed manual transmission, this is a fantastic, well-kept, and collectible example showing just over 48,000 miles on the odometer.

Notable options include heated and power seats with memory function, and the S662A package, opting out of the iDrive unit. No aftermarket modifications have been installed to the vehicle aside from a modified stock intake elbow to increase the induction noise of the N/A I6, and a tasteful carbon fiber trunk lip. The original stock elbow is included in the sale.

Recent maintenance under the current owner includes an oil change, as well as transmission, brake, and differential fluid flushes. The car rides on 18" M Double Spoke wheels wrapped in Michelin PS4S's all around. The owner also had a full body paint protection film (clear-bra) professionally installed along with a 2-stage ceramic coating.

Other items included in the sale include a genuine BMW outdoor vehicle cover. This car is a must-have for any BMW enthusiast or collector looking for a turn-key, collectible example of the ultimate driving machine.

INFORMATION:
48,XXX Miles
Non-iDrive
6-Speed Manual
S54 3.2L I6

Pros:
Full body clear-bra (PPF) and 2-stage ceramic coating professionally installed
Recent maintenance (engine oil, transmission, differential, brake fluid flushes)
Current registration
Smog valid for the next 60 days (as of 3/5/2023)
2 keys with title in hand

Cons:
The car was involved in 2 minor incidents. I may have some pictures from the previous owner. The car retains a CLEAN CA TITLE. The frame is straight and the car drives as it would from the factory.
1. Driver side skin has a repair on bottom as the previous owner clipped the car on a tall curb.
2. Passenger side rear fender was repaired due to a sideswipe.

I can provide the VIN and CarFax upon request. PPIs are available at buyer's expense. I can deliver the car to the requested shop, and if you need recommendations, the current owner can recommend one that he services this car at, and another one that has a great reputation in the SoCal BMW community that he does not have any relationship with (to avoid biases).

This car needs nothing to be enjoyed on the street or the track. Please respond to the ad or PM me, and I'll get back to you to arrange a viewing and discuss the car.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:10 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 301 Posts

SEXY!!
The following users liked this post:
likethebossiam (03-26-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 09:51 PM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 157 Posts

How cool is that. GLWS!
Old 03-20-2023, 11:30 PM
sabba
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Man i miss mine. Really a great drivers car.

Plenty of go, 8k redline, short wheel base and a stiff chassis.

Bangled beauty.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:22 AM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 122 Posts

Nice car and good price.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:06 PM
likethebossiam
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for the kind words! This car has been a joy for the short time I've had custody of it - all it needs is a new driver before it can hit the canyons and track, and the current owner is sad to see it go. It's still available, so please message me if you're interested! Price is negotiable.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:53 AM
Kevin.e86
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous owner chiming in

I am the previous owner of this car in Arizona, from November 2018 thru April 2021. There are several inaccuracies in the description. I know the car has been sold now but I still want to correct the errors:

1. The car was not originally sold in Arizona. It was first sold in Wisconsin, then spent time in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, which is where it was when I bought it in 2018.

2. The incident described about the driver's door is accurate, to my knowledge - the door skin was either repaired or replaced prior to my ownership, and the paint work was literally perfect - impossible to tell from factory to my eye when I had it. However I never saw a picture of the damage, I am trusting the previous owner's description. I can vouch for the quality of the repair however.

3. The incident described as a "sideswipe" of the passenger side rear fender is far from accurate. The car was hit hard directly over the LR wheel. Total repair cost was just over $10k. Extensive repairs to the LR quarter, new bumper, new wheel/tire, suspension work, etc. The shop that did the repairs, Vanderpool's in Tucson, did an outstanding job. How anyone could describe that as a sideswipe is beyond me. When I sold the car, multiple pictures of the damage were provided to the buyer.

If the new owner is here and has any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them, including providing pictures from the accident.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:55 AM
Kevin.e86
3rd Gear

Slight correction to above - the major incident was on the right rear, not "LR" as stated above.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:58 AM
likethebossiam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin.e86
I am the previous owner of this car in Arizona, from November 2018 thru April 2021. There are several inaccuracies in the description. I know the car has been sold now but I still want to correct the errors:

1. The car was not originally sold in Arizona. It was first sold in Wisconsin, then spent time in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, which is where it was when I bought it in 2018.

2. The incident described about the driver's door is accurate, to my knowledge - the door skin was either repaired or replaced prior to my ownership, and the paint work was literally perfect - impossible to tell from factory to my eye when I had it. However I never saw a picture of the damage, I am trusting the previous owner's description. I can vouch for the quality of the repair however.

3. The incident described as a "sideswipe" of the passenger side rear fender is far from accurate. The car was hit hard directly over the LR wheel. Total repair cost was just over $10k. Extensive repairs to the LR quarter, new bumper, new wheel/tire, suspension work, etc. The shop that did the repairs, Vanderpool's in Tucson, did an outstanding job. How anyone could describe that as a sideswipe is beyond me. When I sold the car, multiple pictures of the damage were provided to the buyer.

If the new owner is here and has any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them, including providing pictures from the accident.
Hello! Thanks for your clarifications. The description was written on what was shared to me by the owner of the vehicle, as I was selling it on his behalf. My friend was able to give me some pictures of the damage that I believe he got from you, but a while after the car was listed here. A friend of the owner bought the vehicle and is extremely happy after the addition of an exhaust and some BBS LMs. He already has the pictures. Again, thank you for pitching in - if the car was still in my custody I would have immediately updated the description to match the severity you indicate.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:03 PM
Kevin.e86
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by likethebossiam
Hello! Thanks for your clarifications. The description was written on what was shared to me by the owner of the vehicle, as I was selling it on his behalf. My friend was able to give me some pictures of the damage that I believe he got from you, but a while after the car was listed here. A friend of the owner bought the vehicle and is extremely happy after the addition of an exhaust and some BBS LMs. He already has the pictures. Again, thank you for pitching in - if the car was still in my custody I would have immediately updated the description to match the severity you indicate.
Thanks for the reply. BBS LM's? Exactly what I would have put on it had I ever upgraded the wheels. I love hearing that. It was a great car, my second Z4M, the first bought new in 2007 and kept for 8 years. No doubt the new owner is enjoying it.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:16 PM
likethebossiam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin.e86
Thanks for the reply. BBS LM's? Exactly what I would have put on it had I ever upgraded the wheels. I love hearing that. It was a great car, my second Z4M, the first bought new in 2007 and kept for 8 years. No doubt the new owner is enjoying it.
Potato picture but my friend spotted the car (confirmed with the current owner) a few weeks ago. Small world. He has a Supersprint exhaust on there too.