Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   The Rennlist Marketplace (https://rennlist.com/forums/the-rennlist-marketplace-251/)
-   -   2017 Porsche Panamera 4S ($157k MSRP), Selling 50% Off. CPO until 8/28/2023 (https://rennlist.com/forums/the-rennlist-marketplace/1225437-2017-porsche-panamera-4s-157k-msrp-selling-50-off-cpo-until-8-28-2023-a.html)

aremanap 12-02-2020 10:49 AM

Thanks! That definitely helps and makes a lot of sense. I, for one, am definitely quite reluctant of private party transactions of this magnitude. FYI that I am...thinking. (Wife hasn't said much yet, though.)

amelen 12-02-2020 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by aremanap (Post 17064006)
Thanks! That definitely helps and makes a lot of sense. I, for one, am definitely quite reluctant of private party transactions of this magnitude. FYI that I am...thinking. (Wife hasn't said much yet, though.)

Yes, I would be too. If there is any consolation, it's still under the original warranty for 9mo, and CPO for almost 3 more years. Only risk really is the wearables (brakes, tires), but I have the Jack Daniels Porsche full inspection linked in the Q&A with the details on that and tires are new. Everything else is really covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty (both original and CPO after).

CubsFan1 12-02-2020 11:58 AM

Nice car! Regarding having a local dealer facilitate the transaction, this is quite easy and shouldn't be an issue for either party. I purchased my Huracan private party and did something similar. There were several benefits to going this route. 1.) I wanted to trade in my older Lambo as part of the deal for the tax savings. 2.) I had the dealer inspect the car and perform up to date service so it was ready for my ownership. 3.) They helped arrange transportation. A simple bank wire over and it was done.

amelen 12-02-2020 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by CubsFan1 (Post 17064185)
Nice car! Regarding having a local dealer facilitate the transaction, this is quite easy and shouldn't be an issue for either party. I purchased my Huracan private party and did something similar. There were several benefits to going this route. 1.) I wanted to trade in my older Lambo as part of the deal for the tax savings. 2.) I had the dealer inspect the car and perform up to date service so it was ready for my ownership. 3.) They helped arrange transportation. A simple bank wire over and it was done.

Great feedback, thank you! Did they charge you for doing that?

CubsFan1 12-02-2020 12:16 PM

I negotiated the price on the Huracan directly with the seller and I didn't pay a penny more than that price. That was step one. Step two, negotiate the price I was willing to sell my car to the dealer. This part was very straightforward on a 3k mile lightly pre-owned Lambo. We agreed to split the shipping. I paid separately for the inspection, annual service and shipping upon delivery. I assume the seller paid a handling fee to the dealer, i was not involved on that side.

KOTB 12-02-2020 01:28 PM

Are these the pictures of the car as it is right now or from the day you purchased it? Does your carfax show the accident/damage report?

amelen 12-02-2020 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by KOTB (Post 17064424)
Are these the pictures of the car as it is right now or from the day you purchased it? Does your carfax show the accident/damage report?

In between, I believe they were taken ~4k miles ago/12mo ago (when I had tires swapped and was considering having it be listed by them on consignment).

Re: carfax, another member said it's on there as "accident reported" 12/2017. I picked up the car 9/2018. They sent the attached images for me to share with others if needed. Thank you @Simooooooon.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2b7b22bdf1.png
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...32e7f4b14a.png

amelen 12-02-2020 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CubsFan1 (Post 17064235)
I negotiated the price on the Huracan directly with the seller and I didn't pay a penny more than that price. That was step one. Step two, negotiate the price I was willing to sell my car to the dealer. This part was very straightforward on a 3k mile lightly pre-owned Lambo. We agreed to split the shipping. I paid separately for the inspection, annual service and shipping upon delivery. I assume the seller paid a handling fee to the dealer, i was not involved on that side.

Good info, thank you!

dgoldenz 12-02-2020 03:45 PM

Very nice spec and seems like a great price considering the options and CPO. If this were a Sport Turismo I'd be on it. Maybe you can chop the back end off?

amelen 12-02-2020 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 17064752)
Very nice spec and seems like a great price considering the options and CPO. If this were a Sport Turismo I'd be on it. Maybe you can chop the back end off?

:roflmao:

Funny enough, dealerships have had much harder time moving the Sports Turismo's - I'm surprised there is such strong demand for them in these forums - I personally wasn't a fan of the look.

dgoldenz 12-02-2020 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by amelen (Post 17064781)
:roflmao:

Funny enough, dealerships have had much harder time moving the Sports Turismo's - I'm surprised there is such strong demand for them in these forums - I personally wasn't a fan of the look.

I think there is a lot of demand for the ST's at used-car pricing but not at new-car pricing. Hard to swallow a $50-100k loss for 1-2 years of driving one. If I could find a loaded up chalk ST would be great. Unfortunately, that seems to be a unicorn's unicorn, at least right now. Maybe some will be coming off lease in the next year.

aremanap 12-03-2020 08:52 AM

GLWS! Sadly, after discussing with the wife, practicality is still the priority. Panamera one day!

amelen 12-03-2020 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by aremanap (Post 17066354)
GLWS! Sadly, after discussing with the wife, practicality is still the priority. Panamera one day!

No problem! If you're looking for a new one, the company I own works with many auto brands & dealerships, etc.. I can connect you with a porsche dealer GM to see if they can find you what you're looking for. Just PM me if I can help.

amelen 12-03-2020 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 17064842)
I think there is a lot of demand for the ST's at used-car pricing but not at new-car pricing. Hard to swallow a $50-100k loss for 1-2 years of driving one. If I could find a loaded up chalk ST would be great. Unfortunately, that seems to be a unicorn's unicorn, at least right now. Maybe some will be coming off lease in the next year.

Chalk is my favorite color on these cars - I looked for a while and couldn't find anything. If you're okay with the silvers, there are a lot of black accent options (like on my car) that makes the color pop more. Good luck with your search!

amelen 12-05-2020 01:18 PM

Trading the car in to Princeton Porsche, they should have it by the end of next week. Including the info of the Sales Manager here for anyone who's still interested:

Kishan
Ksitapara@princetonporsche.com
609-945-1500 ext 524