TRG Finish 3-5 at Mid-Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:13 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default TRG Finish 3-5 at Mid-Ohio

Mansfield, OH – August 7, 2004

The two-car team of The Racer’s Group enjoyed another podium finish tonight, as the #66 F1 Air/Gleason Agency Porsche 911 GT3 RS of RJ Valentine, Chris Gleason and Ian James had a spirited battle one of the factory BMW M3s right until the end of the race. Ian James, who took over from teammate RJ Valentine, brought the car home at Mid-Ohio for the trio’s fifth podium finish of the season. RJ Valentine, who with his teammates maintained their 2nd place position in the Grand-Am GT driver’s championship, commented on the weekend. “We struggled a bit with our setup early in the weekend,” he said, “but the TRG team put their heads down and gave us a car for the race that took the fight to the rest of the field. I was optimistic during practice and qualifying about our chances for the race, and Chris’ and Ian’s driving sealed it for us. It’s a short week for the team to get to Watkins Glen and prepare for the next race, but we’re looking very much forward to it.”

TRG team owner Kevin Buckler and his teammate Liz Halliday finished the race in a strong 5th place, marking the 5th top-five finish for the duo this season. Halliday qualified and started the race, before handing over to Buckler under yellow. Halliday drove brilliantly during her stint, dicing with the competition and gaining several track positions.

Kevin Buckler commented on the weekend at Mid-Ohio. “The team had a great race weekend here – not a scratch on either of the cars, which makes the mechanics of racing very easy. The guys in the #66 car were absolutely fantastic, Chris and RJ drove great in the race before turning it over to Ian, and he brought it home in a solid third place. Ian had a great battle for position with one of the BMWs right up until the end of the race – great racing to watch. In our car, Liz did a great job in her stint as well. She diced it up with the field and drove steady, consistent laps. I got in under yellow, and fought up through the field. We actually won the SunTrust award for the race – Liz and I gained more positions through the race than anyone else. It’s great to see my boys up on the podium again, and my hat is off to the Monster cars. Our crew built us two outstanding race cars today.”

The Grand-American Rolex Sports Car Series races again in six days at Watkins Glen. The series will race in support of NASCAR in the Sahlen’s 200; the race will be broadcast on Speed Channel at 10pm ET on Friday, August 13th.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Shane
Sharkaholic
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the updates John. I don't have and will not likely get the Speed channel in the forseeable future, so your reports help me keep track of what The Racers Group is doing.

Quick Reply: TRG Finish 3-5 at Mid-Ohio