Notices

TRG at twelve hours at Le Mans ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 01:20 AM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default TRG at twelve hours at Le Mans ...

From the TRG website:

"TRG at the Halfway Mark at Le Mans
Le Mans, France – June 13, 2004

Halfway through the 72nd running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the #81 TRG Porsche was holding steady in 27th position overall, 9th in class. Lars Nielsen has been swapping positions back and forth with two cars, the #92 Ferrari 360GT and the #89 TVR T400R, for the past hour.

Gregor Fisken was, at the time of this writing, due for his second stint in the car. “We’ve got two other cars in our class on the same lap currently,” he said, “and it’s time to put a bit of pressure on them – there’s no need for us to go crazy, but if we up the pace we’ll push them harder. We’re past halfway now, and I’m sure the car’s fine to work a little more. I’m feeling rested and good, but it’s still dark out and we still need to get through the night.”

Team owner Kevin Buckler, who for the first time in three years at Le Mans is not driving one of his Porsche 911 GT3 race cars, took time in the middle of the night to sample a bit of the local ambiance. “For the first time since I’ve been coming here,” he said, “I took a walk up the hill and into the carnival, about up to the Dunlop bridge. The Le Mans fan is a different animal than what we get in the States – even in Sebring – but it’s great to see the nightlife a bit and feel the buzz of the place. Also, those Grand Marnier crepes I’ve heard so much about turned out to be pretty good!”

Well rested, fit and full of crepes, The Racer’s Group #81 car has around 150 more laps of the famous Le Mans circuit to turn before the end of the race.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans will run until 10am ET on Sunday, June 13, and is being televised live on Speed Channel in the United States and on Eurosport in Europe."

And for you HWFMR folks, note the addition to the partnership list:

". . . The "Hey, Wait For Me Racing" Team is comprised of over a hundred owners of Porsches and other race cars who do not let a very fast car hinder their ability to drive slowly. The group of Porsche owners came together through the community at Rennlist.com, and are participating in their first 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2004 with TRG. Learn more at www.heywaitformeracing.com . . ."

Updates at www.theracersgroup.com
Old 06-13-2004, 01:58 AM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick update at 6:30 a.m. Le Mans time:

In a report from the pits discussing the GT class, the Speed reporter showed a TV monitor displaying several GT teams (I couldn't tell if the displayed teams were in placement order or not). TRG is was among them (about sixth or seventh in class, if the listing was in running order), turning laps around 4:24, like many of the other teams. Interestingly, the two lead teams were turning laps in the 4:08 range. Of course, those teams, sprinting through the night, had also had mechanical troubles. Silly rabbits (or should we say, hares) ...

Still a lot of time left. Go Turtle!
Old 06-13-2004, 04:28 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw that!
It looks like another retirement will move them up again. How about a quick update from the pits?!
Go TRG!

23rd overall at this point... Can't tell the class

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/...4h_course.html

Quick Reply: TRG at twelve hours at Le Mans ...