Default "Salesperson/Dealer may not be ignoring you"

Don't want to cross post, I posted on the Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 subforum
"Salesperson/Dealer may not be ignoring you"
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...oring-you.html
Old 06-24-2024, 12:22 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,084 Posts

yeah this is a huge issue... dealers have been hobbled. this is like SAP or Oracle ERP going down for a large company. This solution does everything to run the dealer (CRM, scheduling, sales, quoting, financing, warranty, labor, parts, etc...).

Old 06-24-2024, 12:39 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

CDK used to be a publicly traded Chicago (burbs) company. I won't comment on their financial performance, but long story short, they were bought up by a PE firm and in the midst of the "typical" PE owned optimization, turn-around, and efficiency improvements, looking for a quick and (very) profitable exit. I have to ask myself: a) did the PE ownership avoid the needed IT capital investments? b) How is the exit strategy looking as they will be facing massive lawsuits and expenses.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:18 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
CDK used to be a publicly traded Chicago (burbs) company. I won't comment on their financial performance, but long story short, they were bought up by a PE firm and in the midst of the "typical" PE owned optimization, turn-around, and efficiency improvements, looking for a quick and (very) profitable exit. I have to ask myself: a) did the PE ownership avoid the needed IT capital investments? b) How is the exit strategy looking as they will be facing massive lawsuits and expenses.
its also part of the reason you haven't seen any public statements from them, they don't have to as they don't have the same regulatory notice requirements, while their publicly traded dealer groups DO.

The chatter out there is terrible communication with the customers from CDK. And in a crisis communication is the only thing that is going to keep your customers your customer.

Seems like an opportunity for Dealertrack!

Quick Reply: "Salesperson/Dealer may not be ignoring you"