Sponsored by:

6 Month Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 11:22 PM
Psu82Eric
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 6 Month Update

My 2024 CT4 has just passed the 6 month ownership mark. The car has 6900 miles on it and has been outstanding! Taken 2 long trips (500 and 1700 miles) and have had no issues with DC charging. Attended a couple PCA Florida events and have had a great time talking with other members, most of the time I was the only Taycan there and folks had lots of questions. I jokingly asked if I was allowed to be there since I live in Ga and was driving an Electric Porsche!

I just got a second recall (first being the charging cable and Porsche already sent me a $555 dollar check) for the WPS9 (Thermal Management Control Unit Re-program). Living in S. Ga haven’t had any issues with the interior heater, but have an appointment scheduled for next week. Porsche Jacksonville will give a loaner, asked for a Boxster and got told everyone asks for one as a loaner, it will be a Macan…😩

After 6 months here are my likes and dislikes:
1. Acceleration is fantastic for a base model
2. Steering feel is excellent
3. Great trip vehicle, eats up miles easily
4. Charges from a firehose, longest time spent at a DC charger I think was 28 minutes
5.14 way heated and ventilated seats are super comfortable
6. Rarely see another CT and enjoy playing 20 questions on my ownership experience

Dislikes
1. Rear camera sucks big time. Both my 2008 G37 and 2015 Highlander have much better cameras
2. B Pilar does make getting in a little difficult, but if I get t-boned it might save me from serious injury
3. Technology is OK, but for example wish the radio controls allowed me to go back to previous station
4. Adjusting the vents should not require multiple steps
5. None of the control levers are illuminated, for a 6 figure car that’s an omission
6. I have to put one side of the rear seats down to fit my golf clubs in the back

So the question is knowing what has/is happening depreciation wise, would I buy it again? In a heartbeat yes, I don’t plan on selling it for quite a while and you can’t wipe the smile off my face after driving it! I’m always looking for a reason to go for a drive.
Eric
The following 3 users liked this post by Psu82Eric:
Der-Schwabe (06-20-2024), Dr. G7 (06-20-2024), TC Cruising (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 09:43 AM
mkzhang
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on your milestone, and yes it is a great all around car. I use my CT4S as my daily and there is no beating it between the comfort, sportiness, looks, performance, EV cost savings. Would definitely get it again.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:28 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Glad to hear a good ownership review. Wish mine was the same.

Quick Reply: 6 Month Update