Sponsored by:

Key Battery Low

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 12:01 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Key Battery Low

I got this Key Battery Low message. I replaced the battery but the message still appears. Anyone else experience this? The second key is fine. Car is a 2022. Waiting to hear back from my dealer.

Old 06-15-2024, 02:05 PM
Mo Ghouse
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Had the same issue on my 2022 GTS. I replaced the battery and placed the key in the cupholder for the car to recognize the key (back cupholder as directed in manual) and drove the car for about a half hour or so. It cleared by the next day. The research I did said it would clear by the next day on its own. Other posts said to do the key placement thing and it will clear. So I did both to be safe and it did clear. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:32 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mo Ghouse
Had the same issue on my 2022 GTS. I replaced the battery and placed the key in the cupholder for the car to recognize the key (back cupholder as directed in manual) and drove the car for about a half hour or so. It cleared by the next day. The research I did said it would clear by the next day on its own. Other posts said to do the key placement thing and it will clear. So I did both to be safe and it did clear. Good luck.
Thank you. Your suggestion WORKED!!!. Thank you
The following users liked this post:
Mo Ghouse (06-16-2024)

Quick Reply: Key Battery Low