Sponsored by:

GTS purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 11:21 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You couldn't pay me enough to drive me a car in that color.
I'd be happy to take your "burden."
Old 08-11-2023, 11:25 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
My wife and I took delivery of a Taycan GTS sedan four months ago...
Blaming the wifey, I see?

"There is a left turn that I routinely take at speed in the Taycan GTS"

This afternoon saw a person making a U turn (with lawnmower trailer) ignoring all oncoming traffic. Tomorrow I'll upload the spectacular dashcam video...
Old 08-12-2023, 12:31 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Smile Fast left turns - best without the family driving coach!

Originally Posted by Dr. G7

This afternoon saw a person making a U turn (with lawnmower trailer) ignoring all oncoming traffic. Tomorrow I'll upload the spectacular dashcam video...
Interesting observation regarding the spousal reference. That was to suggest my wife also is very pleased with the Taycan GTS’ comfort level. She is a safe driver who has never had an accident or a speeding ticket who really likes the Taycan, but she doesn’t look for apexes to clip or canyons to carve. In fact, one area where I saved some big bucks was not opting for the passenger dash screen. There is no way that she would pry her eyes off the road or the passenger-side rear view mirror even though this “pilot” has never had an accident (“fast is safe”) thanks to defensive driving and basic courtesy. The off-camber left turn is best taken solo - it’s fun, it’s safe, it’s not showboating but it does express the Taycan’s essential sportiness. This forum awaits the U turn feature film. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 12:45 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

...Interesting observation regarding the spousal reference...In fact, one area where I saved some big bucks was not opting for the passenger dash screen...
All compliments to the happy couple.

"not opting for the passenger dash screen."

Agreed. That passenger dash screen has to be one of the most useless features imaginable. Whoever thought of that worthless gimmickry?
Of course, stay tuned for the hundreds of replies opining passenger dash screen is one of the best features since sliced bread.
AtTheGlen (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 08:15 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,886 Posts

All compliments to the happy couple.

"not opting for the passenger dash screen."

Agreed. That passenger dash screen has to be one of the most useless features imaginable. Whoever thought of that worthless gimmickry?
Of course, stay tuned for the hundreds of replies opining passenger dash screen is one of the best features since sliced bread.
my wife prefers the passenger screen to the black/blank piece of trim that occupies the spot (and sometimes costs more than the screen based on Porsche's materials cost for what is in that blank spot instead).

she/I miss it in our 2021 Cayenne and 2022 911…

basically the passenger screen is _NOT_ the best thing since sliced bread, but can be considers a more interesting alternative vs. blank gloss black/carbon/leather/wood plastic. Navigation, weather, media are all interesting on longer trips on the 2nd screen.

if it's an option my wife has requested it on future Porsche products we may ore may not consider.

the good news is we can now discuss this option also in the Cayenne forum - and I'm guessing soon the Macan EV forum…

it will be like:
  • pdk vs. manual
  • PCCB's vs. steels
  • GT4 vs. GT3
  • power door ports vs. manual
  • smaller vs. bigger battery
and other "choices" porsche makes us decide on.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 08-12-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Der-Schwabe (08-13-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 11:26 AM
Ggils2324
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to the haters…

The following 6 users liked this post by Ggils2324:
abatis (08-27-2023), bluelines1974 (08-14-2023), daveo4porsche (08-13-2023), Der-Schwabe (08-13-2023), IanG90 (08-13-2023), MingusDew (08-15-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-14-2023, 11:19 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

This afternoon saw a person making a U turn ....spectacular dashcam video...
https://clipchamp.com/watch/QPDiVdmk4wh
Old 08-26-2023, 08:40 PM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

The U turn was really quite bad and luckily, no accident. People are … not smart. As for FroYo - im torn but my last 4 Porsches have been white (3) and black (1) so I’m pretty boring in that regard. I’ll be getting my Taycan GTS ST this week and sadly , I’m trading in my 992 C2S. I’m ready for a new P car experience and for now , I will appreciate actual rear seats and I will be able to get my dogs in the hatch too !?! No doubt I’ll be back to a “proper” P car and I’ll bet it’ll be a cayman next time. We’ve got a Tesla Y so I’m very used to charging , lack of exhaust note ( I’ll miss exhaust sound most of all). Anyone who’s made a similar move - what are your thoughts ? I feel like a traitor.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:10 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default I Think The Taycan IS A Proper P-Car

Our Taycan GTS is our ninth Porsche. All the others except for the Cayenne e-hybrid that preceded it have been sports cars, most recently the 992 Turbo S we own now and formerly a GT3, a Turbo S, Turbo, etc. I’m a big fan of a good exhaust note, but I find that the Taycan GTS is such a different driving experience that, when I’m driving the Taycan I’m never thinking: “Boy, I’d rather be driving the Turbo S.” And it’s true the other way around because both cars are so good. The ability to rocket off the line and get an amazing shove when accelerating from say 30 or 40 in traffic is amazing. I’ve always been a sport exhaust guy - always on - and I love snaps, cracks and burbles, but the Taycan is so engaging that I don’t miss the sound and I’m not even using the Star-Trekkie sport sound. The Taycan GTS weighs about 1,400 pounds more than my Turbo S, but somehow Porsche has hidden the weight well, and as some reviewers have noted, the Taycan shrinks around the driver. Let us know what you think once you’ve driven it for a while.
The following 2 users liked this post by AtTheGlen:
AKB991 (08-28-2023), Der-Schwabe (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 10:22 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Our Taycan GTS is our ninth Porsche. All the others except for the Cayenne e-hybrid that preceded it have been sports cars, most recently the 992 Turbo S we own now and formerly a GT3, a Turbo S, Turbo, etc. I’m a big fan of a good exhaust note, but I find that the Taycan GTS is such a different driving experience that, when I’m driving the Taycan I’m never thinking: “Boy, I’d rather be driving the Turbo S.” And it’s true the other way around because both cars are so good. The ability to rocket off the line and get an amazing shove when accelerating from say 30 or 40 in traffic is amazing. I’ve always been a sport exhaust guy - always on - and I love snaps, cracks and burbles, but the Taycan is so engaging that I don’t miss the sound and I’m not even using the Star-Trekkie sport sound. The Taycan GTS weighs about 1,400 pounds more than my Turbo S, but somehow Porsche has hidden the weight well, and as some reviewers have noted, the Taycan shrinks around the driver. Let us know what you think once you’ve driven it for a while.
Thanks for the input - sounds like you’ve had experience in most of the P line up ! I got to drive a Taycan CT 4S and also felt - for such a large , heavy *** car, it moves quite well. Like a hippo in water ! Anyway, I’ll be sure to provide some thoughts but I already know , it’ll will not disappoint .this is also 1st time I won’t have a leather interior. Between EV and no leather , I must be saving the planet single handedly ! I said said goodbye to my 992 S tho and that’s made me sad. Oh well, 1st world problems for sure !
AtTheGlen (08-30-2023)

Quick Reply: GTS purchase advice