Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18-way seats after sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023 | 03:48 PM
Hockey 29
3rd Gear

Default 18-way seats after sale

Is it possible to put in the 18-way seats with the side bolsters?

My 2022 4S is about 15 months old and I don’t think the 14-way seats (that are included in the Premium Package) are very comfortable. Does anyone have any workarounds/add-ons/suggestions to make the seats more comfortable, especially in the lower back area. The lumbar dial doesn’t do that much to hold you in. I would like to get the inflatable side bolsters.

Any constructive ideas (short of trading in the car for a new one) are very much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2023 | 04:05 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

You may find a trade if you post in Marketplace.
Seems a few people here find the 18-way uncomfortable, although isn't it just the 14-way with side bolsters, or is the shape different in some way?
I'd suggest checking with the dealer as to any wiring harness differences.
Old 07-06-2023 | 09:16 PM
George from MD
Drifting

You'll find very little difference in the feel of the seats and the costs will be outrageous. Certainly try them first.
Old 07-06-2023 | 11:22 PM
Hockey 29
3rd Gear

Thank you all and I appreciate everyone's insight on this. It's really helpful and food for thought.
Does anyone know if it's possible with fit/wiring, etc.? I assume they're not "plug and play" and not as simple as cost of new seats and a little bit of re-programming. Anyone have any insight into the execution of this?
Old 07-07-2023 | 01:35 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hockey 29
Thank you all and I appreciate everyone's insight on this. It's really helpful and food for thought.
Does anyone know if it's possible with fit/wiring, etc.? I assume they're not "plug and play" and not as simple as cost of new seats and a little bit of re-programming. Anyone have any insight into the execution of this?
They might be plug and play, essentially at least, they are in other Porsches. More of a problem when people retrofit aftermarket or older seats that don’t have the occupancy sensor, but I think people sort that by adding a resistor in the circuit. If you can find a pair, I’d expect the cost to be $5000-7000 for a used pair, and hopefully you have a common interior like black. Honestly, you’re better off driving this car as is and just making sure you check all the boxes next time when ordering, but if your serious about it, you’ll want to start browsing eBay and other auction sites that list parts from wrecked cars. It’s easier to find them for a 911, because sometimes people swap for bucket seats and sell off their couch seats, but those seats won’t be a direct bolt in. You’ll need to find the Taycan specific seats. Again, good luck, it won’t be easy to find a used pair, and you certainly aren’t going to get a deal of any sort. You’ll likely end up paying double what the option would have cost when ordering the car.
Old 07-10-2023 | 02:49 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Personally I wouldn't buy a car that had different options than what was shown on the original build sheet. I'd see it as a red flag that the car had been messed around with, and would be concerned about the warranty if it was still under factory or CPO warranty. So as well as the up front cost, think about the potential impact on resale value.

By the time you've been through the extreme hassle of doing this, you might find it easier just to trade the car in for a car with 18-ways.
The following users liked this post:
r553 (07-14-2023)

Quick Reply: 18-way seats after sale