Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi e-tron GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2023 | 10:53 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Default Audi e-tron GT

I know that the Audi e-tron GT is essentially an Audi skinned Taycan. My wife and I recently drove one and have been looking at used 2022 models in the $80-90k range with 2k-10k mileage on them. They seem like a good deal, all the new owner depreciation has hit so they should have good equity at this point. But I was fairly surprised at the number of them out there with that sort of mileage and price.

Any known issues with them or reason beyond the typical people upgrading to something else very quickly or got bored and have too much money not to care about flipping them that I should be worried about getting into one?

I want to say I saw around 75 or so available nationwide so maybe that isn’t a lot and would be typical for availability of a one year old model like this.

anyone with anecdotal evidence of the e-tron GT, I would like to hear any info beyond the useless YouTube reviews.

also, so many of them have the Porsche alcantara wheel and seats. How does that wear? My wife is concerned about sunscreen (which you uses daily) getting on those surfaces and being an issue.

thanks!
The following users liked this post:
flygdchman (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023 | 01:17 PM
flygdchman
Instructor

Great post. Given the value proposition I wonder about them as well.
Old 04-24-2023 | 12:58 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

I don't have the link to the data now but pretty sure in the US Taycan outsold e-tron GT 4-to-1 during the same time frame, which could explain the availability difference.

I was in the same boat (and kinda still am), but one thing that keeps giving me doubt is that while you can get a very similar car for less $ now if you go with the Audi, when you sell it down the line you'll be getting less money as well, so the money saved might not be as much as you'd think.
Old 04-24-2023 | 01:57 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

In terms of driving experience between and E-Tron GT and a Taycan 4S, I think you'll find them to be very similar. I actually prefer some aspects of the Audi interior, specifically the physical buttons for more functions, including the climate control. However, as others have said, the Audi will probably continue to depreciate faster than the Porsche, so if that's the main reason for considering one, I'd push hard for the absolute best deal, and maybe target one that's been sitting with a dealer for a while.
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:24 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

My take is with an MSRP of $105-120k and coming in used at $79-92k, mostly right around $82-84k with around 2k-10k in mileage they’ve taken a decent hit on new of the lot and shouldn’t depreciate too fast. It would also be a 7-9 year car for her which is what she usually does. She doesn’t tend to get a new/new to her car that often. At that window, I’m not too worried about value vs use. Her 2015 Macan has not lost much value at all in the last 2-3. I suspect once she gets to the replacement timetable the value will be almost flat. It also doesn’t hurt that her 2015 Macan has 63k mileage and she typically drives less than 10k per year. So she’s usually trading a low mileage for its age vehicle.
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:28 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I like the looks of the e-tron but prefer driving the Taycan.

The Audi you feel like you're sitting on the car; the Taycan you feel like you're actually in the car.
The following users liked this post:
Der-Schwabe (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 07:10 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

i think taycans are more or less following the same depreciation curve, no? an used 2021 is probably a good value right now.
Old 04-25-2023 | 12:59 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Current incentives on the Audi make it an attractive lease option.
Old 04-25-2023 | 05:37 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
i think taycans are more or less following the same depreciation curve, no? an used 2021 is probably a good value right now.
Yes but the Taycans started higher so I'd be spending $100-130 most likely. Haven't look that much but I suspect. Also the Taycan comes in a base, an S, and a 4S but no Taycan 4 AFAIK so that means to get AWD you have to go to the 4S which of course is a higher price point. The e-tron GT is quattro awd by default to my knowledge.

Originally Posted by rjongco
Current incentives on the Audi make it an attractive lease option.
I'm not interested in leasing. I buy and hold. A leased new Audi is $12,500 off MSRP getting a new one down to $100-105k. A used with 3-8k miles is mid $80k. In this instance I'll let someone else take the new car hit and buy the almost new car for $20-25k off with very low mileage. I love new cars but this makes the most sense if I buy one.
Old 04-25-2023 | 10:13 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
I don't really have much evidence to back up this theory, but I wonder if it's a bit easier to negotiate a discount on a used Audi, at least at a main dealer. Porsche dealers around here are very sticky with their used car pricing, so perhaps there is a bigger delta between asking price and selling price with the Audi.

I just checked BaT, and the most recent Audi e-tron sale was this one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...s-e-tron-gt-4/

The seller took a massive bath here, with a sticker of $158k and a selling price of $109k after 9k miles.

A sort-of-equivalent 2022 Taycan with a sticker of $188k sold a couple of months ago for $152k after 11k miles.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...cross-turismo/

The Taycan retained 80% of its value; the Audi only 69%. And looking at it another way, it cost the Porsche owner $36k vs. $49k for the owner of the less expensive Audi. Both 2022, both with similar miles.

Not exactly a scientific comparison, but still interesting.

Old 04-25-2023 | 10:21 PM
flygdchman
Instructor

Sure would like to hear from people who have driven both. As a guy who is all about the value proposition it is hard for me to say this but based on looks alone I prefer the Taycan. What I didn't like about the Taycan was some sort of driveline relate whine. If the Audi didn't have this I might prefer it.

Last edited by flygdchman; 04-25-2023 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2023 | 11:43 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I have things I like more about each. I think the Audi has some nice aspects as does the Taycan and they both have some I dislike. But neither car has dislikes that would be a dealbreaker. Yet I too want more info on Audi owners. I know this is not the forum for it, but wouldn't be surprised if someone here either owned one, drove one, or knows someone who has or had one.
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:37 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal

I'm not interested in leasing. I buy and hold. A leased new Audi is $12,500 off MSRP getting a new one down to $100-105k. A used with 3-8k miles is mid $80k. In this instance I'll let someone else take the new car hit and buy the almost new car for $20-25k off with very low mileage. I love new cars but this makes the most sense if I buy one.
the delta is much smaller than that. It seems like getting and additional 10% off msrp shouldn’t be impossible putting a new one within spitting distance of a used model.
Old 04-26-2023 | 07:13 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I have things I like more about each. I think the Audi has some nice aspects as does the Taycan and they both have some I dislike. But neither car has dislikes that would be a dealbreaker. Yet I too want more info on Audi owners. I know this is not the forum for it, but wouldn't be surprised if someone here either owned one, drove one, or knows someone who has or had one.
I have a late ‘19 etron Prestige, not a GT, but if you have any generic questions fire away. Use PM if you’d like.

Quick Reply: Audi e-tron GT