Sponsored by:

TAYCAN 2022 DOOR HANDLE REMOVAL

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 02:28 PM
Rico Yiannimaze
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAYCAN 2022 DOOR HANDLE REMOVAL

Hi all. this is my first post here, Hope all is ok.
I am a car wrapper and got a 22 Taycan to wrap but the door handle is a bit hard to disconnect the wire i have removed the cover but struglling to take off the wires.
I have the door card off and I manage to edge a tool to keep it open but it seen impossible to remove the plug.
Any advice will make a big difference thanks all
have a good year.
Rico
Old 01-10-2023, 12:09 PM
Ktaylor8303
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, I’m confused on your question. Do you mean you have to remove the wires from the door handle in order to wrap the handle with PPF?
Old 01-10-2023, 02:45 PM
Rico Yiannimaze
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ktaylor8303. Thanks for your reply.
Sorry i could not make myself clear first time English is not my first language,
Basicly I have done the job today, It was a 23 Taycan so it was first time i ever saw it.
To remove the handle you need remove the glass because the wire plug is behind the glass. Not sure why porsche made it so hard to remove a handle.
Thanks for your time. I do love Porche and will be back here one day.
Regards
Rico
Old 01-10-2023, 09:35 PM
Ktaylor8303
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rico Yiannimaze
Hi Ktaylor8303. Thanks for your reply.
Sorry i could not make myself clear first time English is not my first language,
Basicly I have done the job today, It was a 23 Taycan so it was first time i ever saw it.
To remove the handle you need remove the glass because the wire plug is behind the glass. Not sure why porsche made it so hard to remove a handle.
Thanks for your time. I do love Porche and will be back here one day.
Regards
Rico
Hi Rico, I am confused on why you are taking the handles off to wrap underneath the handles when the handles already close shut when locked. I got my Taycan Turbo S 2022 wrapped and they did not wrap underneath the door handles since they close flush with the car when locked.

In any case , if you took the door handles off and unhooked the sensors and wires, I have heard of issues of the sensors not working resulting in the door handles not automatically locking with your hand motion, rather you have to manually lock the door with the fob.

Again, I would not wrap under the door handles as it is not needed. You can’t see under the door handles when locked and when driving, underneath the door handles are protected since they are closed and flushed with the car when driving.

Quick Reply: TAYCAN 2022 DOOR HANDLE REMOVAL