Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone considered an e-tron GT due to Taycan lead times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022 | 11:07 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scooter100
I have driven a 4S and Turbo and decided that a 4S would be the right car but the lead times are insane. I think after 10 years of Porsche sports cars, it’s time to move on but don’t want to give up too much of the 2 door fun in the process. There are e-trons close enough by for purchase but too far away for just a test drive. I loved the acceleration, handling, and interior of the 4S. I had Audi’s for many years but it has been a while. Anyone with experience on the base e-tron GT versus 4S?

The following users liked this post:
Der-Schwabe (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022 | 08:08 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
Be aware that the E-tron GT rides very differently than the Taycan, despite the shared platform components. It is much more of a GT car than Porsche’s four door sports car. Performance is more than 0-60 times.

The Audi won’t hold its value as well as the Porsche Taycan, because life isn’t fair. The Audi is assembled in a completely different facility with far fewer quality checks than Porsche. To be clear, it’s not an inferior product, but it’s also not a Porsche.

If you can snag one without waiting for months, and the above doesn’t matter to you, why not?
As I read the above, specifically quality checks, I chuckled to myself. First, I enjoy my Taycan immensely. Second, I have never owned a car that squeaked and rattled more than a Taycan. It took about six months, a few hours overall and 40+ pieces of foam to eliminate the rattles and squeaks. After 18 months, I am down to one rattle that is so intermittent, I can't identify the source. I suspect that I will find and eliminate it just before its time to sell it. So much for quality checks! Who cares if they assemble something perfectly when it was a defective component to begin with? These Spanish sourced panels are not what Porsche used on ICE cars and they are just terrible.

Quick Reply: Anyone considered an e-tron GT due to Taycan lead times?