Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport turismo, is it ok for the family?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022 | 12:17 AM
theplaindealer
6th Gear

The biggest challenge always seems to be fitting rear facing car seats in the tighter backseats.
Old 10-05-2022 | 12:55 PM
edkwon
Racer

My Cross Turismo fits our family of 4 just fine for driving around, our two kits are also 3 and 7 years old. Back hatch space is also fine for carrying around our normal amount of stuff when we go out for the day (but your cargo needs depends on what YOU AND YOUR FAMILY require) and there's even enough for a short weekend road trip to fit all of our luggage. If you need 5o carry big stuff, then get a crossover/SUV instead.
Old 10-05-2022 | 02:46 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I am likely waiting for the Macan EV in the next 1-2 years to replace my wife's Macan S. I toyed with the idea of a Taycan Cross Turismo for her, and figured it might have a longer cargo area than the Macan. Her primary cargo need is that she golfs a lot. So often she has 1 or more sets of clubs and sometimes push carts.

We have a 13 and 15 year old and our family car is a Volvo XC90. That is as large as I wanted to go. But we go on many weekends to the mountains and have a place up there, taking 4 people, gear, food, the dog, and our ski/snowboard gear. Yes the Volvo has a roof box for that too.
Old 10-08-2022 | 03:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dubbsbear
I currently have a Taycan CT and came from a Panamera EH ST. the Pana ST is larger all the way around and was noticeable when getting acclimated to it. I have a family of 4 (wife, 5.5 y/o, 4 y.o, and myself - also to 2 Shiba Inus) and the boys are in boosters to give perspective. We took the Taycan up to the Bay Area from SD and it was adequate space for us (no dogs this trip), we're not huge packers, but still had some room for stuff if needed. It really depends on the size of the rear seat passengers. I suppose that if my kids were a little bigger (say around 10ish) it may get a little cramped back there, adults wouldn't be able to make it IMO. Not to turn you towards a Pana ST, but adults in that back seat of that wouldn't have a ton of room, but it'd be more than manageable for a ride/trip. Just for reference, with the rear seats down, I was able to fit a full set of wheels (21" with 30/25 profile tires on them) in the back of the Pana. There's no shot at me doing that in the Taycan CT. I also purchased a SeeSucker roof system and have the Porsche 520 box (all never used practically, but mounted to see fitment), so if I ever needed the extra space I guess I have it.
I got a set of 4 tires in mine. Its all about placement. Agree Panamera has more space but is also a slightly bigger car...thus a bit more space for adults and cargo.
Originally Posted by smohr33
I had a Macan and now Taycan CT. Also have a 3 yo.

CT is longer, so it has more legroom, but less headroom. Car seats fit better in the CT.

Similar story in the trunk, longer but less height. As others have mentioned you get a frunk in addition.
Back is enough space for most needs. With seat folded down I've even put 4 tires+rims back there from the tire shop so it can be done!

three in and last one to go..easy fit for 4 Audi RS-Flag wheels!

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
My Cross Turismo 4S replaced my Cayenne Coupe. No issues with space and storage. I have two older daughters, 16 and 18 and everyone fits A-OK.
Same as you..but with a 21 y.o and a 23 y.o in college and they fit in the back with tons of space...often fall asleep during drives. No complaints. Wife sold her BMW X3 hybrid to get my Taycan from me. Hauls plants and sod/gravel and all sorts of stuff in the back w/out issues.
Originally Posted by edkwon
My Cross Turismo fits our family of 4 just fine for driving around, our two kits are also 3 and 7 years old. Back hatch space is also fine for carrying around our normal amount of stuff when we go out for the day (but your cargo needs depends on what YOU AND YOUR FAMILY require) and there's even enough for a short weekend road trip to fit all of our luggage. If you need 5o carry big stuff, then get a crossover/SUV instead.
I have Taycan CT4 as my daily which my wife promptly stole from me....sold her BMW X3 hybrid to cross over to the dark side and hasn't looked back going on 4 mos now. I did get to enjoy it for 6 mos tho from date of purchase. Have me and her and her elderly mother and 2 college kids and we can fit 4 easily in the car. Note did not get the 2+1 seating package as don't think it was really worth it for a 3rd person in the back. How often are they really gonna be there and how long was the question. However for almost 100% of times when we want 4 people to go somewhere...it does the job easily often with my mother in law's wheel chair in the back plus the frunk often goes unused for her! Depends tho on your packing and driving experiences and needs to some degree too.

Quick Reply: Sport turismo, is it ok for the family?