Sponsored by:

MY Taycan GTS Has Arrived !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 11:58 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
I'm just hoping my salesman can confirm you can delete the sunroof completely and have a smooth roof. When I build mine on the system, deleting the sunroof, the pictures show a steel roof. Not a fan of sunroofs... anyone else here have a Taycan with a steel roof? My salesman has had a few RWD base cars come in that way, but obviously a GTS ST will not be a "base" car...
Our Taycan 4S has the steel roof. We didn’t choose the premium package, nor the pano roof option. But we did get all the other options in the premium package by selecting them individually
The following users liked this post:
skl (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 12:04 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 708 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-tt
Our Taycan 4S has the steel roof. We didn’t choose the premium package, nor the pano roof option. But we did get all the other options in the premium package by selecting them individually
I just wonder whether the cabin is a bit dark without the pano? I had the same concerns when ordering my 911 with a steel sunroof. It turned out to be fine. But in the Taycan, the space is pretty confined for rear seat passengers, especially with the front seat back going fairly close to the roof. In my Cayenne, I'd say I have sun shade closed about 85% of the time but on cloudy days I find the extra light nice to have. Thoughts?
Old 06-23-2022, 06:35 PM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Originally Posted by kayjh
I just wonder whether the cabin is a bit dark without the pano? I had the same concerns when ordering my 911 with a steel sunroof. It turned out to be fine. But in the Taycan, the space is pretty confined for rear seat passengers, especially with the front seat back going fairly close to the roof. In my Cayenne, I'd say I have sun shade closed about 85% of the time but on cloudy days I find the extra light nice to have. Thoughts?
I don’t find it being an issue at all. But in our Cayenne we have the sunshade always closed - which is why we wanted the steel roof on the Taycan.

But I don’t know if the headroom is better with the pano roof or not. I don’t find headroom being an issue with the steel roof currently, but just throwing that out there
The following users liked this post:
Jose Head (07-07-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 09:19 AM
JeffDaKid
AutoX

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kayjh
Any thoughts you can share on ride quality on less than perfect roads? I drove a Cross Turismo 4 and it was fine and am considering a GTS Sport Tourismo. Just wondering if the ride is stiff on the GTS model?
Ride quality not as bad as I would’ve thought especially being a GTS and 21 in … on perfect roads as smooth as silk
Old 06-28-2022, 09:23 AM
JeffDaKid
AutoX

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by friskygeek
@JeffDaKid Im doubleminded whether to get the VLC roof on my GTS ST. Do you think its worth it? Can you please post a photo of it when its in "clear" mode ..?
to me it’s worth it because of the cool factor and options to drive with different types of shades of lighting entering cabin. One thing I think that could’ve been better is that when you put it in “matte” option which is fully close that it could be darker. If it was darker I would say it’s 100% worth it but I wouldn’t get it without it either as without it I believe to much light is coming in
Old 07-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Jose Head
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
Agreed, I dislike the glass roof and wouldn't option it, especially for what they are charging!
I bought my 2020 used off the lot. It came with the glass roof. I would not order one if it was an option. But I live in Florida. Too much sun during the day.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:05 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

I need to lock mine in about a week and my salesman said after much research that I couldn't do a sunroof delete even if I don't pick it and cheery pick other options in the preferred package. The pictures of my build show a metal roof but he said that was a "euro" image... bummed as I sure don't need more light in the car considering we're in the "valley of the sun."
Old 07-13-2022, 12:45 PM
friskygeek
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skl
I need to lock mine in about a week and my salesman said after much research that I couldn't do a sunroof delete even if I don't pick it and cheery pick other options in the preferred package. The pictures of my build show a metal roof but he said that was a "euro" image... bummed as I sure don't need more light in the car considering we're in the "valley of the sun."
That is weird. My lock date isnt until a few more months from now. Hopefully things might change by then... Otherwise I'll definitely raise a fuss with my SA if he tells me the same... Keep us updated!
f.

Old 07-26-2022, 07:13 AM
amex
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi and congratulations and enjoy in good health! Do you know how long is the warranty of the battery of your Taycan GTS?
Old 07-27-2022, 12:09 AM
Don40
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful, love the mission wheels especially the white with white exterior. Enjoy, these cars are so fun to drive.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:31 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Originally Posted by skl
I think your salesman is incorrect, because I have a Taycan with steel roof when I did not choose the pano roof. Unless things have changed since last year when I ordered..
Old 08-05-2022, 03:00 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
I'm just hoping my salesman can confirm you can delete the sunroof completely and have a smooth roof. When I build mine on the system, deleting the sunroof, the pictures show a steel roof. Not a fan of sunroofs... anyone else here have a Taycan with a steel roof? My salesman has had a few RWD base cars come in that way, but obviously a GTS ST will not be a "base" car...
Let me know what you find out. I was told by a dealer yesterday that the pamo roof is standard on all USA Taycan Cross Turismos.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:34 PM
CTB
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by inkatouring
Let me know what you find out. I was told by a dealer yesterday that the pamo roof is standard on all USA Taycan Cross Turismos.
The steel roof was only available on early production sedan models in the US. Recent model years in US, including all CTs, have the glass panoramic roof as the only available option. The variable light control pano roof is now an option on 2023 models.

Quick Reply: MY Taycan GTS Has Arrived !!!!