Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question regarding Off-Road Design Package for 4S Cross Tourismo

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022 | 06:09 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Default Question regarding Off-Road Design Package for 4S Cross Tourismo

Specifically does the 11mm increased suspension ride height in Normal apply to Lift setting as well? I am looking for the ability to raise the ride height to avoid chassis damage from potholes on an un-paved road that is a short-cut to get home. It would be nice to have ~36mm in ride height adjustment range, but I suspect that isn't what Off-Road Design is about, though.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2022 | 07:19 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Specifically does the 11mm increased suspension ride height in Normal apply to Lift setting as well? I am looking for the ability to raise the ride height to avoid chassis damage from potholes on an un-paved road that is a short-cut to get home. It would be nice to have ~36mm in ride height adjustment range, but I suspect that isn't what Off-Road Design is about, though.

Thanks in advance.
No. The car does not lift any higher than without the ORDP. It just defaults to "High" when you start the car and drive away in the default driving mode, rather than on Medium like the rest of the CTs. All heights go to the same height as without the ORDP, including "Lift" and Gravel Mode.
Old 06-19-2022 | 07:22 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

The following 2 users liked this post by Visceral:
aCayenneFan (06-21-2022), Der-Schwabe (06-20-2022)
Old 06-20-2022 | 11:00 AM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Thanks in advance.
if you can live with the lower default ride height, I would skip ORD. I found it collected so much dirt and road debris, and spoiled the clean lines (one of the reasons why I went ST vs CT).
Old 06-21-2022 | 03:08 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by Visceral
Really appreciate the chart/table.
Old 06-21-2022 | 03:14 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
if you can live with the lower default ride height, I would skip ORD. I found it collected so much dirt and road debris, and spoiled the clean lines (one of the reasons why I went ST vs CT).
Huh? How does a raised ground clearance collect dirt and road debris? Are you driving on open fields? Serious question. My Cayenne with higher ground clearance than the Lift mode of the Taycan CT has no more dirt on it's drivetrain than my AWD car (E90 BMW335ix).
Old 06-21-2022 | 06:04 AM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Huh? How does a raised ground clearance collect dirt and road debris? Are you driving on open fields? Serious question. My Cayenne with higher ground clearance than the Lift mode of the Taycan CT has no more dirt on it's drivetrain than my AWD car (E90 BMW335ix).
I mean dirt accumulating in the gaps between the plastic “fins” and the body.

Quick Reply: Question regarding Off-Road Design Package for 4S Cross Tourismo