Sponsored by:

How happy are you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 06:18 PM
Alexramos7
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PBoxS986
That’s great…Did you order the GTS for the added acceleration and handling?
Technically yes, although I am happy with the RWD. I make a lot long trips and is my daily drive.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:51 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I feel for you. Just the opposite for me - my dealer is incredible!
Amazing how much difference the SA and dealer can make. I have no reservations about recommending my current SA & dealer, Atlanta Perimeter. Their sales is meh. But sales everywhere is upside down.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:56 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alexramos7
My only complaint is the lack of Lane Change Assistant, which I forgot to add (my 1st Porsche, btw)
Why does Porsche do this? For a $150k car, it should be standard.

my RWD has taken me from Florida to the Midwest multiple times without any issue.
I did Atlanta to Tallahassee. There were a few nervous moments, when I hit ~10% and the caution warning appeared.

Tallahassee to Lake Charles, LA a few detours for the Level 3 charger.

The following users liked this post:
Alexramos7 (03-03-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Alexramos7
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Why does Porsche do this? For a $150k car, it should be standard. I did Atlanta to Tallahassee. There were a few nervous moments, when I hit ~10% and the caution warning appeared. Tallahassee to Lake Charles, LA a few detours for the Level 3 charger.
​​​​​​​From Atlanta to LA? I am planning a trip to New Mexico and Arizona, but I have to plan it well.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

From Atlanta to LA? I am planning a trip to New Mexico and Arizona, but I have to plan it well.
There’s a few stretches you’d be really really tight. I was planning a LAX to Atlanta, might be impossible. Also at 10% if one gets this

The following users liked this post:
Alexramos7 (03-08-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 11:49 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PDACPA
'21 RWD, took delivery Sept 2021. 2k miles. Love the car and I enjoy the electric sport sound. Different, but replaces the sound of an ICE. You even hear it going into 2nd gear and what sounds like a downshift. The negative is the PCM and Apple Carplay and the radio fighting each other at start up. Short drive and sometimes you are messing with the radio and the interior alarm goes off, but they have a fix for it. Oh and the auto present of the door handles on occasion will just not present (even when touching the door handle) and you have to yank out the key. I think it relates to how the car was locked. Lock it and get your mail and walk back by the car and it unlocks as it senses your key nearby and then relocks itself is when it seems to happen to me.
I had the same happen many times. The “handle raising” on proximity just doesn’t work most of the time. I also had the alarm go off randomly. Maybe because I was locking with the key fob and not the door sensor.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:13 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

I have an RWD 2021 Frozen Blue with 15k miles and 11 months.I love this car; it is my daily drive and is giving me 296 miles per full charge.My only complaint is the lack of Lane Change Assistant, which I forgot to add (my 1st Porsche, btw).I currently locked a GTS, same color, a few more options. Hopefully, I will get the same range since my RWD has taken me from Florida to the Midwest multiple times without any issue.
Can you share some of your experiences in driving from FL to the midwest and back, regarding charging?
I do a lot of driving from the East Coast to the midwest and central/northern Rockies area to see friends and family, and this is a concern of mine as I contemplate buying a Taycan...
Thanks...
Old 03-06-2022, 10:37 AM
TheDot
AutoX

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had my 2021 Turbo S for over a year now. About 6,000 miles on it. I have had the 2021 full software update done which fixed various software bugs and I have had a slight rattle on the door panel fixed. I am currently waiting for a patch to fix a software issue with the air system. Other than that, I have had no material issues with my car. I absolutely love it as my daily driver. In fact, its been 14 months since I took delivery and probably one of the longest periods of car ownership for any one particular car I have owned in quiete some time.

I do not mind the minor trival bugs that needed to be addressed. My dealer (Champion Porsche in Pompano, FL) has been great working with me on them. I realize this is Porsches first full EV and I think they have done a great job. Go back see the issues early Tesla adapters have had and you will see its usually no cake walk (and Tesla still has quality issues across the brand).

I have take two long trips with the car. One was about an 8 hour drive if in a traditional ICE and the other about five hours. In the Taycan, it added about one hour of travel time with the stops and in the five hour it added about 30 minutes. No issues from my standpoint.

I use my car mostly for my commute. I have not tracked it. For daily driving its a dream!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by TheDot:
XLR82XS (03-30-2022), Zcd1 (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 12:34 PM
AlexOz
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

I have a very early (February 2020) Taycan Turbo. This is my second EV, the first being a Tesla S P100D. While the Tesla was very good in many ways, the Taycan feels, to me, like a very big step up in quality, driver engagement, and overall driving feel. I have several other cars -- 991.2 GT3RS, McLaren 570S Spider, AMG E63S, Ford Raptor, '66 Shelby Cobra -- and am retired, so don't drive all that much. As a result, the Taycan only has 3000 miles on it after two years of ownership. My dealer is very good on Taycan maintenance and the various software updates have been flawless, including replacement of the OTA module.

Every time I drive the Taycan, I think to myself "this is really a great car". I've had no failures or weird issues. I haven't had to charge away from home, but trying a local EA charger went exactly as it should. I home charge using my Tesla charger with a JDapter. For a long road trip, I'd choose the Taycan if there were ample fast chargers along the whole route.

Having driven a Taycan without rear-wheel steering, and having that option on my Taycan, I'd say that it's an essential option: it makes the car feel much more like an electric 911 than an an electric Panamera (I've owned both). PDCC is also a nice improvement over standard,
The following 4 users liked this post by AlexOz:
AlexCeres (03-31-2022), Der-Schwabe (03-06-2022), PierreTT (03-10-2022), XLR82XS (03-07-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 12:14 AM
Alexramos7
AutoX

Originally Posted by cometguy
Can you share some of your experiences in driving from FL to the midwest and back, regarding charging?I do a lot of driving from the East Coast to the midwest and central/northern Rockies area to see friends and family, and this is a concern of mine as I contemplate buying a Taycan...Thanks...
It is possible if well planned. My way to go is to take your time to charge as much as you can on each stop. I normally get 85 to 90% even if the planner says I just need 20%. From Atlanta to Chattanooga, there was a detour that added 25 miles. It is always good to get as much as you can.I drive on Range mode and use the ACC a lot, it helps on keeping the car efficiently and so far the battery range and percentage have being pretty accurate, I'd say commonly 2 or 3% underestimated.​​​​​​​Use the EA app to check the charge availability and also keep a secondary charging option like EVgo or ChargePoint.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Look for hotels that have charging options; they are helpful and get a Tesla adapter just in case.​​​​​​​Just a simple setup: when driving to an EV charging station on the PCM, click the actual station icon instead of enter the address; the car will get the battery ready for fast charging. I used to enter the Walmart address and then in the parking lot look around for the station, but clicking the icon gives me faster charging; I have gotten up to 170kwh from a 150 station and up to 260kwh on a 300.​​​​​​​Don't take risks on driving further than indicated and commonly avoid getting less than 12% battery left; it will give you a boost for looking for another option in the area. I drove it for 19 hours straight, 5 charging stops from Columbus, OH to Orlando FL. it is the best GT I have ever driven.

Last edited by Alexramos7; 03-08-2022 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:52 AM
rashun.tory
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For those that have owned their Taycan for longer than 6 months, tell me which Taycan model you have and how satisfied you are? I am seriously considering buying one but worried I will get bored of the silence.Nox Vidmate VLC
I'm happy enough that I'm going to order a 2023 in PTS Guards Red.

Last edited by rashun.tory; 03-30-2022 at 12:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rashun.tory:
abatis (03-31-2022), XLR82XS (03-30-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 01:38 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,030 Posts

For those that have owned their Taycan for longer than 6 months, tell me which Taycan model you have and how satisfied you are? I am seriously considering buying one but worried I will get bored of the silence.
for daily driving, the silence is delightful. Mercedes should be ashamed they let Porsche build a better S class first. The taycan is an amazing touring car and daily luxury sedan.

but i also kept the gt4. Not every dessert needs to be chocolate…
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexCeres:
abatis (03-31-2022), Stevelev (03-31-2022)

Quick Reply: How happy are you?