Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated Beyond Belief with Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2022 | 06:09 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Yes and have requested it 3x so far. They tell me its not complete!
BTW, I posted on the Taycanforum about these woes. Severe backlash. Kool aid flowing freely there.
Old 03-15-2022 | 07:21 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
BTW, I posted on the Taycanforum about these woes. Severe backlash. Kool aid flowing freely there.
You can't tell a Tesla or Taycan owner anything. Due to what you just stated. I've even had a of it taste here with even a mod threatening a ban.
The following users liked this post:
user 8298308 (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022 | 07:35 PM
smohr33
Racer

Originally Posted by 911dude41
You can't tell a Tesla or Taycan owner anything. Due to what you just stated. I've even had a of it taste here with even a mod threatening a ban.
I’m a lifelong Porsche fanboy, and I LOVE my Taycan, but I refuse to let that be a pass for the half baked service and quality issues I’ve had with this car.

I have a case open with PCNA, unfortunately this is my second new Porsche in a row I’ve had to escalate to them. We’ll see how they respond this time.
The following 2 users liked this post by smohr33:
Manda Racing (03-16-2022), user 8298308 (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022 | 07:40 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

When blenders go wrong...
Noah Fect (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022 | 08:44 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Update FINAL:

I really don't want to waste energy on PAG, they fall short consistently and they know it. As I write this, I am drafting my letter to Dr Gruner. They finally sent me an RO today, it was as redacted as a litigation produced document could be. They referenced an RO in my RO but have not provided it. I asked today, the day I received the RO, so far no joy, this is a brand in cover up mode.
What a shame.

Last edited by 991carreradriver; 03-15-2022 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2022 | 08:47 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Thank you for sharing with that community, but be careful, you will be censored as I was. I am no longer a member at my request, I asked them to revoke my credentials and membership. They don't tolerate the truth.
Old 03-15-2022 | 08:52 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Haha, they censored me for telling the truth and called it a "rant". +30 days without a car that cost 110k plus and I am supposed to be nice. The moderator at the Taycan forum can go F___ themselves) with reckless abandon.
Old 03-15-2022 | 09:10 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

This is truly astounding. PCNA is absolutely clueless.

BTW, while it is invaluable sharing with this forum members, you should also file with NHTSA. And if you know a congressman or Senator, please follow up. Elections coming up, politicians are very responsive nowadays.
I was nice and a good citizen for 21 days, nothing but crickets. I drafted and sent a NJ Lemon Law demand letter, the car was repaired in 3 days of PCNA Atlanta of receiving the letter. The brand is not much above a bargain brand in my view. I am done with Porsche, if I want to be abused, I would prefer to abused by McLaren, Ferrari , Aston or some other abusive exotic.
Old 03-15-2022 | 09:20 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

I was nice and a good citizen for 21 days, nothing but crickets. I drafted and sent a NJ Lemon Law demand letter, the car was repaired in 3 days of PCNA Atlanta of receiving the letter. The brand is not much above a bargain brand in my view. I am done with Porsche, if I want to be abused, I would prefer to abused by McLaren, Ferrari , Aston or some other abusive exotic.
Getting rid of the GT3 too, I guess?
Old 03-15-2022 | 10:38 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Visceral
Getting rid of the GT3 too, I guess?
Actively exploring. As crazy as this sounds, my GT3 as I see it, no longer identifies with this brand. We fought (GOG) for the 10 yr. 120k engine warranty. What Porsche once was no longer exists, sad to say.
Old 03-15-2022 | 11:00 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Man @911carreradriver you are one angry dude. Id suggest getting a doctors prescription for some Xanax or seeing a therapist. As an owner of the above mentioned cars(Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche etc) for years, you act this aggressively towards these smaller brands and they'll just avoid selling you cars... period. You'll end up pissed off, and overpaying for someone else's used car with who knows what issues. Honestly what is the real reason to be so upset all the time - if you can afford such cars, life must be decent? Anyway, good luck with that stuff brother.....
AlexCeres (03-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022 | 11:14 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RCorsa
Man @911carreradriver you are one angry dude. Id suggest getting a doctors prescription for some Xanax or seeing a therapist. As an owner of the above mentioned cars(Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche etc) for years, you act this aggressively towards these smaller brands and they'll just avoid selling you cars... period. You'll end up pissed off, and overpaying for someone else's used car with who knows what issues. Honestly what is the real reason to be so upset all the time - if you can afford such cars, life must be decent? Anyway, good luck with that stuff brother.....
Thank you for the sage advice and wisdom. I am not angry, upset or otherwise disjointed. I am a long of tooth individual that does not take kindly to being exploited. I have owned over 100 cars in my lifetime, some I loved, some not so much. I do not like being tread on -by anyone or any entity. This is in my DNA. You treat me as a pawn, while I pay Rook's prices, game on. I have asked nothing of PCNA, my CS liaison asked me if I wanted to escalate (Porsche speak for getting compensation $$$), I denied. I am not looking to be paid off. I want the brand to do the right thing in its tradition and by its customers. I know PAG monitors these boards, maybe they will listen to the consumers that made them what they are!

Last edited by 991carreradriver; 03-15-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Zcd1 (03-15-2022)
Old 03-16-2022 | 03:56 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Thank you for the sage advice and wisdom. I am not angry, upset or otherwise disjointed. I am a long of tooth individual that does not take kindly to being exploited. I have owned over 100 cars in my lifetime, some I loved, some not so much. I do not like being tread on -by anyone or any entity. This is in my DNA. You treat me as a pawn, while I pay Rook's prices, game on. I have asked nothing of PCNA, my CS liaison asked me if I wanted to escalate (Porsche speak for getting compensation $$$), I denied. I am not looking to be paid off. I want the brand to do the right thing in its tradition and by its customers. I know PAG monitors these boards, maybe they will listen to the consumers that made them what they are!
I share your frustrations with the brand as well in my own ways. You have solid expectations that the brand has built up in you, but lately Porsche has been swinging and missing, and sometimes not even swinging at all. There's absolutely no reason just to take things and move on like a moron. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Integrity is great.I like reading your feedback because this assures me and others that we are not alone. This exposure is good, and I don't think you're an angry person at all. Some people just don't get it, but you can't entirely blame them because they have not been in the same or similar shoes.

Sadly people take the car fanboyism to another level because the car defines them and is an extension of their "ego" for a lack of a better term. Say one thing that conflicts and you are not a target of a heat sinking missile. This is something I've accepted as it happens all across the board from all cars A-Z.

I personally see no end in sight from Porsche and reluctantly will move on from the brand on my next purchase. They've made fantastic products and have had great services in the past and I can still enjoy that. Not sure about moving forward.

Last edited by 911dude41; 03-16-2022 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2022 | 06:45 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RCorsa
seriously. There’s been a global pandemic, a shipment sank to the bottom of the Atlantic, and a war broke out cutting off some of their supplies. The speed of resolution and part replacement or lack therefore isn’t personal. If the car isn’t working for you, move on. The only person you’re hurting here is yourself.
RCorsa (03-16-2022)
Old 03-16-2022 | 07:07 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
seriously. There’s been a global pandemic, a shipment sank to the bottom of the Atlantic, and a war broke out cutting off some of their supplies. The speed of resolution and part replacement or lack therefore isn’t personal. If the car isn’t working for you, move on. The only person you’re hurting here is yourself.
how does any of those issues cause the complete lack of concern on Porsche's part to current owners who are having issues with their cars?
Porsche's customer service is in the toilet.
the dealerships are hamstrung by the bureaucracy, they cannot/will not tackle any issue an owner has without first getting the go ahead from Porsche.
porsche customer care is a black hole where complaints go to die.

I have had two serious issues that were problematic, one was finally resolved when another owner was able to get Porsche to send a team in to diagnose the issue and it took them "minutes" to find the issue and create a patch. but I and many others still have another open issue that whenever I bring it up to the CS person generates a blank look from them.

the fan bois can come up with all sorts of excuses but the bottom line is that the taycan has been allow to be sold despite it's many tech flaws and Porsche is not there when needed.
991carreradriver (03-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Frustrated Beyond Belief with Porsche