Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on my build - CT4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021 | 11:24 AM
andy7771
Intermediate

Default Suggestions on my build - CT4S

Here is my build for a CT4S. I'm debating to change the wheels from 21 to 20 and use the funds for PDCC and/or PTV+. How do you like PDCC and PTV+ for a daily drive? Any suggestions on anything that I missed from my build? TIA

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYN6PJ5

Old 10-10-2021 | 08:55 AM
walls99
Intermediate

Originally Posted by andy7771
Here is my build for a CT4S. I'm debating to change the wheels from 21 to 20 and use the funds for PDCC and/or PTV+. How do you like PDCC and PTV+ for a daily drive? Any suggestions on anything that I missed from my build? TIA

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYN6PJ5
1. I am debating getting one myself, although it'll be a CT4. From what others have said, I think getting the option "On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger" is a good idea.

2. I would add seat heating (front and rear) depending on your local weather. It's a must for me in the DC suburbs.

3. 4-zone climate control if you will have people in the back seat.

4. Adaptive Cruise Control is another must for me since I'd use it as a daily driver. The SA told me that if you buy ACC, then he believes you can purchase "Porsche InnoDrive" which is Porsche's label for their version of Tesla's Full Self Driving as a software update post purchase. But that's not an option if the car does have the ACC parts from the factory.

5. I find "Porsche Electric Sport Sound" a neat feature to use once in a while.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2021 | 03:51 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I've heard that the 150-kw charger is not likely to ever be used from numerous sources. As for seat heating, I think that front seats are heated standard (at least in the US).
As for wheels, I will only get the smallest wheels available/standard, not only to save big money but also to extend the range of any BEV and to lessen the chances of tire blow-outs (especially in big, heavy BEVs); so, 19-inch Aero wheels on my CT4.
Options are so subjective to every owner, but I personally have found all four-door Porsches to be plenty fine at cornering and handling without adding in any extra "torque vectoring", air suspension, "sport chassis control", rear-wheel steering, etc., and thus have saved my money in that regard; I've test-driven some Porsches with these features and just have not found them to be compelling enough to spend the extra money on those features.
Old 10-10-2021 | 11:46 PM
andy7771
Intermediate

Originally Posted by walls99
1. I am debating getting one myself, although it'll be a CT4. From what others have said, I think getting the option "On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger" is a good idea.

2. I would add seat heating (front and rear) depending on your local weather. It's a must for me in the DC suburbs.

3. 4-zone climate control if you will have people in the back seat.

4. Adaptive Cruise Control is another must for me since I'd use it as a daily driver. The SA told me that if you buy ACC, then he believes you can purchase "Porsche InnoDrive" which is Porsche's label for their version of Tesla's Full Self Driving as a software update post purchase. But that's not an option if the car does have the ACC parts from the factory.

5. I find "Porsche Electric Sport Sound" a neat feature to use once in a while.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Almost all DC charging networks in US is using 800V for 150kW. Some networks in Europe do have higher than 50kW with 400V. So it depends where you are from and that 150kW/400V might not mean anything.
I'm on the fence for 4zone climate control. My concern is my kids will destroy it like their tablets...
I had ACC in my A6 years back and now have Tesla autopilot. I'd say thanks no thanks to both.
I might actually get the sound, which does pump my blood.

Originally Posted by cometguy
I've heard that the 150-kw charger is not likely to ever be used from numerous sources. As for seat heating, I think that front seats are heated standard (at least in the US).
As for wheels, I will only get the smallest wheels available/standard, not only to save big money but also to extend the range of any BEV and to lessen the chances of tire blow-outs (especially in big, heavy BEVs); so, 19-inch Aero wheels on my CT4.
Options are so subjective to every owner, but I personally have found all four-door Porsches to be plenty fine at cornering and handling without adding in any extra "torque vectoring", air suspension, "sport chassis control", rear-wheel steering, etc., and thus have saved my money in that regard; I've test-driven some Porsches with these features and just have not found them to be compelling enough to spend the extra money on those features.
Thanks for the insights. I agree to do whatever you can for the max range if you constantly need to drive a long way. I'd definitely get 20" if Porsche offers that Cross Turismo design wheels in 20".

Last edited by andy7771; 10-10-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2021 | 02:35 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

I just took delivery of my 4S CT.

I didn't get the 4-zone. Yes, with kids back there... well, mine wouldn't destroy them, but they'd just get fiddled with incessantly, then I get pissed. I have the sport sound, did an extended test drive with one of said kids riding shotgun and he said he'd never speak to me again if I didn't get it. Didn't get PDCC either, figured it handled well enough without it and I also used the money elsewhere in the car. We don't drive far and have a separate family hauler if we go on road trips, so maximizing range wasn't a priority. So in the immortal words of Fernando Lamas, it is better to look good than feel good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, so I couldn't in good conscience go with the hideous 19" Aero Wheels for the sake of range. It's the 21" Cross Turismo Design Wheels in Jet Black for us.
Old 10-11-2021 | 03:37 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cometguy
For my money RWS isn't about cornering and handling, it's all about low-speed maneuverability e.g. u-turns, parking, etc. Personally wouldn't get a car this size without out. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on my build - CT4S