Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Taycan 4S compared to 2016 Panamera 4S E-hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 03:47 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Comparing the Taycan to the old first gen Panamera? Really? Of course Taycan’s PCM 6 and new tech is better than the old PCM 3 or 4 that’s in first gen 970 Panamera. How is that even a fair comparison or a surprise?! The 971 Panamera’s also have advanced touchscreens and tech, and the 2022 MYs now get the same PCM 6 as the Taycan. As for performance, once again, the 970 Panamera S E-Hybrid (there was no such thing as Pan 4S E-Hybrid in 2016) is not that impressive compared to today’s e-hybrid Panameras (I believe the 970 S E-Hybrid has 416hp and does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds). Obviously that is no match for a Taycan 4S. It’s also no match for the new Panameras. The first-ever Panamera 4S E-Hybrid (debut MY 2021 with 552hp and 3.2 second 0-60) is actually faster than the Taycan 4S. Anyways, I’m glad you’re enjoying the loaner but I’d imagine that you’d be similarly impressed with the tech, touchscreen, speed, and performance of the new Panamera 4S E-Hybrid if you drove that one.

Last edited by SS22; 10-10-2021 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:54 AM
Joegovette
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have yet to see a Cross Turismo here in AZ. The 4S is fast, but the Turbo and Turbo S would just add to the fun.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:56 AM
az2au
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joegovette
I have yet to see a Cross Turismo here in AZ. The 4S is fast, but the Turbo and Turbo S would just add to the fun.
I saw one yesterday for the first time. Happy Valley and Pima in Scottsdale. Wasn't able to tell if the plates were local or not. Mamba Green.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:53 AM
Joegovette
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by az2au
I saw one yesterday for the first time. Happy Valley and Pima in Scottsdale. Wasn't able to tell if the plates were local or not. Mamba Green.
I am in Queen Creek and don't make it out to Scottsdale too often. There is always a variety of higher end cars when I do go out there. Mamba Green looks pretty good.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:36 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
Comparing the Taycan to the old first gen Panamera? Really? Of course Taycan’s PCM 6 and new tech is better than the old PCM 3 or 4 that’s in first gen 970 Panamera. How is that even a fair comparison or a surprise?! The 971 Panamera’s also have advanced touchscreens and tech, and the 2022 MYs now get the same PCM 6 as the Taycan. As for performance, once again, the 970 Panamera S E-Hybrid (there was no such thing as Pan 4S E-Hybrid in 2016) is not that impressive compared to today’s e-hybrid Panameras (I believe the 970 S E-Hybrid has 416hp and does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds). Obviously that is no match for a Taycan 4S. It’s also no match for the new Panameras. The first-ever Panamera 4S E-Hybrid (debut MY 2021 with 552hp and 3.2 second 0-60) is actually faster than the Taycan 4S. Anyways, I’m glad you’re enjoying the loaner but I’d imagine that you’d be similarly impressed with the tech, touchscreen, speed, and performance of the new Panamera 4S E-Hybrid if you drove that one.
Correct: no such thing as a 2016 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid; it was simply the Panamera S E-Hybrid (rear-wheel-drive only, which is one reason I didn't consider it seriously before getting my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ST). I find the infotainment system in the current (2018-2021) generation of Panameras (and other 4-door Porsches) to be far superior to that in the Taycan, including especially how the map is projected. I hope it's not true that the MY2022 four-door Porsches are going with the Taycan screen's looks and faults.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:59 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Correct: no such thing as a 2016 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid; it was simply the Panamera S E-Hybrid (rear-wheel-drive only, which is one reason I didn't consider it seriously before getting my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ST). I find the infotainment system in the current (2018-2021) generation of Panameras (and other 4-door Porsches) to be far superior to that in the Taycan, including especially how the map is projected. I hope it's not true that the MY2022 four-door Porsches are going with the Taycan screen's looks and faults.
Glad you’re enjoying your 971 4EHST! All Porsche models except the Macan have transferred to PCM 6 now for the 2022 MY. But I believe it is an improved version and shouldn’t have the old Taycan faults (still waiting for my ‘22 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid).
Old 10-30-2021, 09:30 AM
pascalemod
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Astraelraen
Whats the back seat space comparison look like? I literally can find no comparison of back seat space between these two vehicles on the whole internet and no cars local to me to try them both out at the same time.

(If anyone knows of a good video/picture comparison of the back seat space, please link me)
Not OP, but I tried it - with glass roof very good seating (im 185cm tall, so thats 6 feet with change?) - and I can sit behind myself.

And, perhaps also because no one bothered, I will tell you having tried - a bicycle with removed front wheel fit inside the taycan trunk. A Time Trial race bike for triathlon, so any sport bicycle will fit. Not mountain bike though. Still, for massive size of taycan it is tiny luggage space. Frunk - smaller than my 911.

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Agreed. Looking back in 10+ years time people will think the same. Excellent designs never age.
Yes, I also agree with this. The headlights of Taycan to me look superb. Not too crazy, not too big. They dont look like melted vegetables. Pill shaped.. No grille. The way Audi designed this body to me shows just how much of a different angle the have and how it does not age well. I think of Taycan a Miura-esque car that has beautiful proportions. They knew that tech of Taycan will age, so they had the foresight to make it 1) beautiful and 2) a good drivers cars. I think this was a good hedge for POrsche as they cant afford to have crappy cars that dilute what is a very precious brand image to them. Numerous Porsche reliability issues aside of course.

Last edited by pascalemod; 10-30-2021 at 09:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Der-Schwabe (10-30-2021)

Quick Reply: 2020 Taycan 4S compared to 2016 Panamera 4S E-hybrid