uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Mission R will be very interested. Future is all electric
Old 09-22-2021 | 09:05 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
Mission R will be very interested. Future is all electric
until we realize we don't know what to do with all these batteries! and then that becomes the environmental crisis! (or we run out of minerals/metals..)
Old 09-22-2021 | 02:56 PM
various cheeses
Racer

Originally Posted by jlee504
until we realize we don't know what to do with all these batteries! and then that becomes the environmental crisis! (or we run out of minerals/metals..)
Simple, we throw them in the ocean.
Old 09-22-2021 | 03:36 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
battery recycling and repurposing is a thing - and it’s ongoing at this time - longvity is about hte same as any major drive train components - Nissan is refurbishing leaf batteries in Japan and some make it back into vehicles and others are used for stationary storage…disposal of any automotive drive train parts after their useful life is a serious problem and serious solutions are in place for both ICE and BEV vehicles. The bigger problem is not these big expensive high value transportation batteries it’s all the little phone/lap top batteries and tools etc…batteries…
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
Der-Schwabe (09-22-2021), whiz944 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021 | 06:17 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

For sure...I pretty much used my lithium ion investments to pay for my car! (though I guess I need to sell to actually have made the money...)

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
battery recycling and repurposing is a thing - and it’s ongoing at this time - longvity is about hte same as any major drive train components - Nissan is refurbishing leaf batteries in Japan and some make it back into vehicles and others are used for stationary storage…disposal of any automotive drive train parts after their useful life is a serious problem and serious solutions are in place for both ICE and BEV vehicles. The bigger problem is not these big expensive high value transportation batteries it’s all the little phone/lap top batteries and tools etc…batteries…
Old 09-22-2021 | 08:11 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
Yep. While Lithium isn't particularly valuable, metals like nickel and cobalt certainly are. A number of lithium battery recyclers are coming along. One to watch is J. B. Straubels Redwood Materials. But there are others.
Old 09-23-2021 | 08:44 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by various cheeses
Simple, we throw them in the ocean.
Might be easier for the Earth itself to naturally recycle them by throwing them into an active volcano........
Old 09-26-2021 | 09:50 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Might be easier for the Earth itself to naturally recycle them by throwing them into an active volcano........
watch what happens when you throw just one bag of trash in a volcano

Old 09-27-2021 | 09:30 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
watch what happens when you throw just one bag of trash in a volcano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7DDk8eLs8
That is so cool!!

I never knew someone already tried throwing stuff into a volcano and record it 🤣
Old 09-27-2021 | 01:05 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
That is so cool!!

I never knew someone already tried throwing stuff into a volcano and record it 🤣
Lava is great for grilling steaks too. Last part of the video, they even do it Tuscan style.

Quick Reply: Mission R