Taycan has rocks in the AC

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 04:53 AM
tnikolov
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Angry Taycan has rocks in the AC

Check this out:

This is my Electric Green Hulk, sounding like a diesel. Turned out I have rocks where my AC propellers are - which are two - on both front sides. One of them - the lefty - had stopped working altotgether, whereas the righty works but sounds like a not particularly good diesel engine. My dealer has just changed both, but says this is I quote "an issue a lot of people are having" and that there is "no fix for it, unfortunately".

Have you had a problem like that?
Old 05-12-2021, 09:08 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

In two of my past 911's the fan housing slats located in front of the front wheels permitted gravel to enter the fan housing. The gravel eventually made their way to the fan motors. Two failures later, I inserted a plastic mesh in front of the slats and the problem was solved. I don't know how the Taycan is designed, but if the same design was used, the mesh is solution.
The following 2 users liked this post by 991carreradriver:
Der-Schwabe (05-12-2021), XLR82XS (05-12-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 11:35 AM
Raek
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

When I was installing my lowering module I got tons of rocks and dirt to the face due to the excellent positioning of the underbody cladding, I only removed 4 of the pieces overall and must've collected about 2 pounds worth of gravel and pure doit.

Quick Reply: Taycan has rocks in the AC