Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Taycan 4S Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021 | 11:28 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Default 2021 Taycan 4S Questions

1. I currently own a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and I have the Supply Cable for NEMA 14-50 Electrical Socket which works fine with my 240 volt outlet. The Taycan 4S I'm considering has the Supply Cable for NEMA 6-30 Electrical Socket. On the configurator it doesn't specify what the differences are for the various NEMA cables offered; it just says they are all for a 240 volt connection. Can someone please explain the differences? Am I giving up something significant if I go with the 6-30 vs. the 14-50 vs the 14-30?

2. Is the Performance Battery Plus (93.4kWh) worthwhile? How much extra range?

3. I have the 14 way seats in my Panamera with all leather interior. The Panamera seats are rather stiff and my back hurts on long drives. The 4S has the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats and they seem to be somewhat less firm and more comfortable. Comments?

4. I have seen You Tube videos that indicate people are having problems with the Electrify America charging stations?? Comments? Are you able to get 80% charge in 20 minutes?

5. Is the lack of the Sport Chrono option a major setback? I have it on my Panamera but have only used Launch Control twice.

I appreciate your advice/experience.

Last edited by SaratogaLefty; 05-10-2021 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2021 | 08:44 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
1. I currently own a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and I have the Supply Cable for NEMA 14-50 Electrical Socket which works fine with my 240 volt outlet. The Taycan 4S I'm considering has the Supply Cable for NEMA 6-30 Electrical Socket. On the configurator it doesn't specify what the differences are for the various NEMA cables offered; it just says they are all for a 240 volt connection. Can someone please explain the differences? Am I giving up something significant if I go with the 6-30 vs. the 14-50 vs the 14-30?

2. Is the Performance Battery Plus (93.4kWh) worthwhile? How much extra range?

3. I have the 14 way seats in my Panamera with all leather interior. The Panamera seats are rather stiff and my back hurts on long drives. The 4S has the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats and they seem to be somewhat less firm and more comfortable. Comments?

4. I have seen You Tube videos that indicate people are having problems with the Electrify America charging stations?? Comments? Are you able to get 80% charge in 20 minutes?

5. Is the lack of the Sport Chrono option a major setback? I have it on my Panamera but have only used Launch Control twice.

I appreciate your advice/experience.
1. request the 14-50, that is what my car was delivered with, are you in the US? EU/UK cars come with different adaptors
2. I believe that when buying an EV you should buy the largest battery available. in the taycan the cars with the larger battery also have a bit better performance. lastly the larger battery will offer better resale
3. I have the 14 way seats and am happy with them, people who have the 18 way seats like them as well, this is a subjective thing, maybe your "shape" makes the seating uncomfortable.
4. EA is far from perfect but it isn't as bad as those older videos portray. the car is supposed to be able to plug and charge and some people have been able to plug and charge. there is a very specific way to activate the EA charging and that formula must be adhered to or you can face issues initiating a charge.
5. the chrono button just makes life easier, it allows easy switching between drive modes in addition to initiating launches, which btw IMHO gets tired quickly
The following users liked this post:
nycebo (05-12-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 Taycan 4S Questions