Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is 4 Cross Turismo better value compared to RWD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 07:13 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Is 4 Cross Turismo better value compared to RWD?

I was comparing the standard equipment on the RWD and on the 4 Cross Turismo.

While the 4 Cross Turismo is $11K more expensive, I've noticed that it comes standard with the bigger battery and air suspension, which is already $8K on a RWD and I would have checked them on a RWD anyway.

I don't know if there're more options that are standard on the 4 CT but not on the RWD, assuming nothing else it's still just $3K for the all wheel drive and the extra space, which seems like a bargain to me? Obviously the value will depend on how much you like the style/need the extra space.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-29-2021, 07:40 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Just learnt that panoramic roof is another option that's standard on the CT but not on the RWD
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 11:09 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes I believe the cross turismo is a much better value proposition. Your gaining the front motor as well which is big.
The following 2 users liked this post by CarAholic:
hitmonlee (04-30-2021), Needsdecaf (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 11:17 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

I priced it out and to me, it seemed like the better value. Unless you're trying to get an absolute stripper Taycan. Then the RWD with the smaller battery and standard steel roof is still going to be your best value.

But yes, when you consider it comes standard with the roof, bigger battery, air suspension, that's pretty much bang on $10k in options right there. But then you get the AWD and slightly more power for free.

If you want the best range (from the big battery RWD) or if you don't want the roof or air suspension (or you don't like the wagon) then the RWD is still your bag. But IMO, if you were going to get the bigger battery and air suspension on your base Taycan, the CT then becomes the better value.
The following 2 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
daveo4porsche (04-30-2021), hitmonlee (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 12:08 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I priced it out and to me, it seemed like the better value. Unless you're trying to get an absolute stripper Taycan. Then the RWD with the smaller battery and standard steel roof is still going to be your best value.

But yes, when you consider it comes standard with the roof, bigger battery, air suspension, that's pretty much bang on $10k in options right there. But then you get the AWD and slightly more power for free.

If you want the best range (from the big battery RWD) or if you don't want the roof or air suspension (or you don't like the wagon) then the RWD is still your bag. But IMO, if you were going to get the bigger battery and air suspension on your base Taycan, the CT then becomes the better value.
Exactly. I guess one factor that could be relevant is that whether you can somehow get a better discount with the RWD. Doesn't currently seem to be the case, at least for custom orders, as from what I've seen dealers are pretty much charging MSRP for both RWS and CT. No idea on the discount situation of buying one from dealer's lot though.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
Exactly. I guess one factor that could be relevant is that whether you can somehow get a better discount with the RWD. Doesn't currently seem to be the case, at least for custom orders, as from what I've seen dealers are pretty much charging MSRP for both RWS and CT. No idea on the discount situation of buying one from dealer's lot though.
Value and Porsches - tough to discuss in same sentence.

Porsche and buy off lot - tougher to discuss. Soooooo many options......
The following 2 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
daveo4porsche (05-01-2021), hitmonlee (04-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Is 4 Cross Turismo better value compared to RWD?