Sponsored by:

Software Update - North America

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 08:26 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Software Update - North America

When will Porsche enable over the air/WIFI updates for software. Perhaps, they have to throw the service departments a bone!

Model year 2021 Porsche Taycan Complimentary Software Update.

This notice applies to your vehicle:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX

Porsche is committed to the highest standards of product quality, customer satisfaction and ownership experience. To maintain and enhance this experience, we are pleased to offer you a complimentary software update to bring the latest in technology improvements to your Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system, charging functionality and driving comfort

What should you do?
At your earliest convenience, please contact your authorized Porsche dealer to schedule an appointment for this update and to arrange for alternate transportation during the repair period, if needed.
Schedule Service Appointment
What does the software update include?
This update provides software optimizations for:

Charging
  • Improved home charging, including charging with third-party charging equipment.
  • Improved stability of charging and further optimization of the timer charging function.
Chassis and driving comfort
  • Optimization of start up behavior.
Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) with 16.8-inch curved display / Porsche Communication Management (central display)
  • Start up behavior and performance of the instrument cluster and the central display are improved.
  • Optimization of navigation system stability.
What will Porsche do?

Porsche is conducting a campaign to update the software for your vehicle. This update will be carried out at no expense to you and will take approximately 4 hours to complete. To arrange for alternate transportation during the repair period, please discuss the mobility options available to you with your authorized Porsche dealer while making your appointment for this update.

We are taking this action to help ensure the best experience with your vehicle and look forward to your visit to your authorized Porsche dealership.

Sincerely,
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:25 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 165 Posts

I received the notice as well and appreciate that porsche is attempting to fix some of the flaws found on the 2021 cars, the update will take at least 4 hours to complete providing that they look at the car them moment it arrives and more than likely it will take a full day to complete necessitating my car being out of service for the day. my local dealership has no loaners available until the end of April, this is not good.
the service advisor attempted to downplay the need for this update claiming that the car is drivable regardless of getting the update, IMHO that comment exhibits a lack of insight on the dealerships part.
it is a new car, the update should be a priority not something that can be taken care of at the convenience of the dealership's service department. tell me where I am going wrong

Last edited by kort677; 03-16-2021 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:40 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

Is this only for 2021 cars? Why would it not be all cars?
Old 03-16-2021, 11:36 AM
John__C
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Not sure lowpue, but it is apparently important enough that they are holding my new Cayenne in port for a month so they can apply the update before delivery.
The following users liked this post:
lowpue (03-24-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 07:15 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by John__C
Not sure lowpue, but it is apparently important enough that they are holding my new Cayenne in port for a month so they can apply the update before delivery.
So this is not a Taycan specific update?
Old 03-16-2021, 07:42 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

While I do not know that these are referring to the same issue, I received the notification below from my SA regarding a Cayenne order that is being held at port for the update. Since the Taycan was also impacted and since this is important enough that they are actually preventing delivery without the update, I (rightly or wrongly) surmised that it is the same issue.
I would like to give you a quick update on the PA21013, which affects the Taycans, Panameras and Cayennes.

Due to the complexity of the 3 different model lines, PAG has decided to launch the flash software in 3 releases.
1. Taycan
2. Panamera
3. Cayenne
  • Taycans
    • Reworks will start March 17th, with focus on KFs/SLs
    • Anticipate each vehicle will take 1.5 hrs for actual flash
    • Vehicles will be released following PAG approval of flashing update, which is an overnight process. This overnight process applies to all models needing the flash.
  • Panameras
    • Following the successful flashing of Taycans, PAG will then focus on the Panameras software
    • Anticipate that we will have initial flash software sometime CW14
    • Focus will be on KF/SL units as well
  • Cayennes
    • Due to the complexity of Cayennes, this model line will be last on the list
    • Anticipate flash software to be made available end of CW15
    • Anticipate KF/SL units to start moving by mid April
  • Throughout this period, the ETAs will be updated by the Port Quality teams. We will maximize any downtime with flashing LF units. LFs will follow FIFO process.
  • Please ensure you update the order types so the port can pull KFs as needed

Last edited by John__C; 03-16-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:10 PM
Sad-taycan-owner
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Tycan

Originally Posted by John__C
While I do not know that these are referring to the same issue, I received the notification below from my SA regarding a Cayenne order that is being held at port for the update. Since the Taycan was also impacted and since this is important enough that they are actually preventing delivery without the update, I (rightly or wrongly) surmised that it is the same issue.
hi, I’m driving a Taycan for over 8 months now and was asking myself if other Taycan owners have the same issues as I have.
over all the months I faced a lot of problems with my Taycan. Mainly software and battery problems. Actually I had several dangerous incidents driving this trouble car. It totally react wrong on several occasions and the reaction invoked a dangerous reaction for me and other people.
does someone know when a software update will happen? I don’t get any reaction from Porsche.

the range of my battery went from 460km to 320km. Porsche told me it’s because of the cold. I can tell the cold in Europe is over and the range stay at 320km and it’s even increasing fron month to month.
does anybody know how I can explain this and try to get a refund or at least a decent price for my car.
I’m willing to sell it with some loss but not the big loss as somebody proposed me to do.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:16 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by lowpue
Is this only for 2021 cars? Why would it not be all cars?
I’ve heard it’s a 2021 update which I agree is odd. I’m taking my car into Porsche Bellevue on Friday for it so I’ll ask the SA and let you know what I find out
Old 03-23-2021, 03:23 PM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by RCorsa
I’ve heard it’s a 2021 update which I agree is odd. I’m taking my car into Porsche Bellevue on Friday for it so I’ll ask the SA and let you know what I find out
they just announced the update for the 2020 models, give it a week or two
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (03-24-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 10:50 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

Got my car updated. It took 8 hours. I don’t notice anything different in the UI. Only bad thing is I had to delete and reinstall my phone to get Bluetooth snd Carplay to work afterwards. My SA knew nothing about the upcoming 2020 update. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Software Update - North America