Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RWD with PTV+, Chrono worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021 | 11:15 PM
luigif1
8th Gear

Default RWD with PTV+, Chrono worth it?

Hello, I have one day to lock order on RWD. I am doing other performance options (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E) but still on fence for PTV+ and Chrono. I am coming from 981 Cayman S that did not have PTV+ In winter I just had a different set of BBS wheels and snow tires. I drive mostly highways and 4 lane county highways. Never track but do drive aggressive when I can.

1.Is there a noticeable difference in handling if I do not do PTV+ with daily driver? (with these options present (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E)

2. On Chrono, I don't really like the dash chrono, but love the dial to switch mode. Am I missing a more aggressive driving mode in Sport+ (vs sport). Also is there any loss in acceleration/Launch with out sport plus? Asking as I do see a difference with sport + in response in my 981 Cayman S

Thank You,
Dan
Old 03-09-2021 | 06:26 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

EV’s are high power and instant - PTV+ seems a good idea…for power management

sports chrono I’m less certain about, but if you can afford it I see no reason not to do it…I think it pulls a different steering wheel (with the settings dial) into the build which I happen to like but I might be wrong.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (05-02-2021)
Old 03-09-2021 | 08:36 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Don't think you Wil ever notice PTV on the Taycan unless your really tracking it but I don't see that being the case. Trying myself to decide on pdcc, rear wheel steer is a must for me on this car.
Old 04-30-2021 | 02:19 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Don't think you Wil ever notice PTV on the Taycan unless your really tracking it but I don't see that being the case. Trying myself to decide on pdcc, rear wheel steer is a must for me on this car.
Rear wheel steer not worth it unless the owner wants to sneeze every amount of performance on a track. I feel the same about PTV.
On my order instead of rear steer and PTV I allocated the funds for chrono and some other interior/trim options that I will enjoy much more every day vs. max handling.
Old 05-02-2021 | 06:23 AM
FSB
Instructor

Originally Posted by luigif1
Hello, I have one day to lock order on RWD. I am doing other performance options (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E) but still on fence for PTV+ and Chrono. I am coming from 981 Cayman S that did not have PTV+ In winter I just had a different set of BBS wheels and snow tires. I drive mostly highways and 4 lane county highways. Never track but do drive aggressive when I can.

1.Is there a noticeable difference in handling if I do not do PTV+ with daily driver? (with these options present (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E)

2. On Chrono, I don't really like the dash chrono, but love the dial to switch mode. Am I missing a more aggressive driving mode in Sport+ (vs sport). Also is there any loss in acceleration/Launch with out sport plus? Asking as I do see a difference with sport + in response in my 981 Cayman S

Thank You,
Dan
I think you have to buy 4S or turbo if you want to drive
agressive. Taycan is not such kind of car which is feel better with RWD (it’s not electric 911)
Old 05-02-2021 | 03:26 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Sports Chrono gets you the mode dial on the steering wheel so you don’t have to futz with the touch screen menu to change drive modes. Would recommend.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021 | 03:28 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Not the 4S for Minnesota snow ? I mean if you can handle a cayman with winter tires you don’t NEED to. But the Porsche awd is ridiculously good.

Quick Reply: RWD with PTV+, Chrono worth it?