Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'20 Taycan Turbo @ Laguna Seca w/HOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020 | 07:47 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I did a test prior to the track days - the additional traffic congestion and many many more lights and such make the Salinas EA chargers an iffy proposition from a total time point of view - particularly given the time of day you're likely to need them during a track day - distance and traffic variables make that destination a no go - accounting for charge time and travel time - by my estimates the Salinas chargers are a 2 1/4 hour roundtrip - and the Seaside chargers are a confirmed 2 hour roundtrip (cause I've done it)

the Monterey chargers will be similarly poor choice as they are deep in highly congested traffic patterns near common tourist destinations - travel time to/from that location is also similarly iffy…

the best choice would be some EA chargers in the same approximate area as the existing EVGo chargers - or even closer to the track if not at the track.
Someone should put some right at the intersection of Laureles Grade Road. (When the traffic is light, Laureles Grade Road is a great drive in a Porsche!) Then they'd catch all the traffic headed to/from Carmel Valley - plus Laguna Seca.

Another thought - PlugShare is showing a chargepoint station in Marina - just a couple miles north of the EVgo that you used. It is just off Highway 1 at the entrance to Fort Ord. They show it rated at 62.5 kW instead of 50 kW. So might also be worth investigating for a marginal speed increase.
The following 2 users liked this post by whiz944:
daveo4porsche (11-13-2020), Der-Schwabe (11-14-2020)

Quick Reply: '20 Taycan Turbo @ Laguna Seca w/HOD