Sponsored by:

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Coming Sooner than Expected

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020 | 12:37 PM
freqflyer
Instructor

Default Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Coming Sooner than Expected

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...debut-details/

"While we do not know an exact day or time, we are told the Taycan EV wagon will officially debut toward the end of the year. Frankly, we figured Porsche would wait until 2021 to show off the model. Nevertheless, the fact the brand plans to take the wraps off of the Taycan Cross Turismo before the calendar turns over gives us hope the car will reach our shores by the middle of 2021, perhaps as a 2022 model. "

Which will sell in bigger numbers? The sedan or "wagon"?
Old 06-14-2020 | 01:42 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Ugh.
Old 06-14-2020 | 04:20 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Ugh.
+1. I’ll say it more emphatically. UGH
Old 06-14-2020 | 05:22 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Why ugh?

Shades of original Audi Allroad. I like it
Old 06-14-2020 | 08:27 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

I think it'll be popular in Europe. I think a 2 door would look cool personally.
Old 06-15-2020 | 10:57 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

For my use, as a family of 4 with two tall adults, this makes the Taycan way more viable of a vehicle. The standard Taycan, to me, is neither fish nor fowl. It's not a pure sports car like the 911, but it's not as large inside as the Panamera (which itself is a little small for a Sedan that prices out the same as an S Class). The trunk has marginal utility, smaller even than my Model 3. Rear seat room is cramped.

The Taycan Cross Turismo could conceivably replace my wife's Cayenne, which is nice.
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020 | 12:10 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
For my use, as a family of 4 with two tall adults, this makes the Taycan way more viable of a vehicle. The standard Taycan, to me, is neither fish nor fowl. It's not a pure sports car like the 911, but it's not as large inside as the Panamera (which itself is a little small for a Sedan that prices out the same as an S Class). The trunk has marginal utility, smaller even than my Model 3. Rear seat room is cramped.

The Taycan Cross Turismo could conceivably replace my wife's Cayenne, which is nice.
The Cross Turismo will almost certainly have the exact same rear seat room and only a bit superior storage, FWIW. It'll probably just be a slightly lifted Taycan with a hatch. Which is cool but not what it seems that you're looking for.

The following users liked this post:
flickroll (06-15-2020)
Old 06-19-2020 | 05:41 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

As a Panamera ST owner I will say that though the rear storage space increase is only marginal, functionally it's quite different. Having a higher average height helps a lot with storage (or dogs). Even better - the hatch opens all the way to the load floor and has no lip over which you have to lift stuff, unlike the Panamera sedan. Presumably the Taycan CT will be similar in this regard. But the backseat in the Taycan will definitely still be very tight.
Old 07-09-2020 | 02:42 AM
Porschian
Instructor

Originally Posted by freqflyer
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...debut-details/

"While we do not know an exact day or time, we are told the Taycan EV wagon will officially debut toward the end of the year. Frankly, we figured Porsche would wait until 2021 to show off the model. Nevertheless, the fact the brand plans to take the wraps off of the Taycan Cross Turismo before the calendar turns over gives us hope the car will reach our shores by the middle of 2021, perhaps as a 2022 model. "

Which will sell in bigger numbers? The sedan or "wagon"?
Everything but a two door :/

Quick Reply: Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Coming Sooner than Expected