Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020 | 08:15 PM
AlexOz
Instructor

Default Spoiler question

The Taycan rear spoiler has three positions according to the Porsche brochure, and they trigger at roughly 56mph, 99mph, and 124mph. You can't see the spoiler in the rear view mirror and, besides, it could be quite expensive to test this on the public road.

The PCM allows you to raise the spoiler for cleaning. On my car it seems to raise the spoiler only a very little, likely the 56mph position. Is that your experience, too please? Red car below is mine with the spoiler extended. White car is from the Porsche brochure.

Old 04-25-2020 | 11:21 PM
tnikolov
Advanced

same here the lift is barely noticeable
Old 04-25-2020 | 11:34 PM
AlexOz
Instructor

Originally Posted by tnikolov
same here the lift is barely noticeable
Thank you. The comfort of “they all do that”. So now the question is “why?” My theory is that it stops folks from driving around with the spoiler fully raised at normal US speeds and lowering range as a result.
Old 04-27-2020 | 03:03 AM
jprice257
Rennlist Member

Yes, my understanding is that it's because the car is designed to be sleek and the spoiler is only a functional addition. So as with the new 992, the spoiler can now only be manually raised when the vehicle is in Park, and that's just how far it needs to open to allow cleaning access. I supose they saw too many people driving around with their spoilers extended at 15 mph and gave us all a slap on the wrist
The following users liked this post:
AlexOz (04-27-2020)
Old 05-01-2020 | 01:00 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Anybody have a hack out there to raise the spoiler, I assume it is a voltage regulated, would really like to see what it looks like raised up.
Old 05-02-2020 | 04:16 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jprice257
Yes, my understanding is that it's because the car is designed to be sleek and the spoiler is only a functional addition. So as with the new 992, the spoiler can now only be manually raised when the vehicle is in Park, and that's just how far it needs to open to allow cleaning access. I supose they saw too many people driving around with their spoilers extended at 15 mph and gave us all a slap on the wrist
that’s what the sport chrono package is for on the 911. The customized setting with the spoiler just always deployed. For the neighbors ;-)

Quick Reply: Spoiler question