Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base model

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020 | 09:24 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Default Base model

Have there been any recent rumours of a base model Taycan below the 4S? A Taycan 4 or a RWD Taycan? Such a model could bring it closer in starting price to the Panamera, and would broaden the market for it.

I'm probably going to wait a couple years for depreciation to do its job (since I depleted my car budget getting another six figure used car recently), and I'm eyeing the Taycan 4S Sport Turisimo. Nevertheless, I'm curious what lower cost options there will be. One nice thing about EVs is that the less powerful models have largely the same character as the full power models (apart from outright speed), whereas there's a big difference in smoothness, sound, responsiveness between various levels of petrol ICE engines.

Last edited by wizee; 02-03-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2020 | 10:56 PM
Miwa
1st Gear

Given that it's backordered for a year right now, there's no reason for them to make anything cheaper than the 4S.

Personally, I'd love a GTS version, but that wouldn't exist until near the end of the product life.
Old 02-03-2020 | 11:22 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee
Have there been any recent rumours of a base model Taycan below the 4S? A Taycan 4 or a RWD Taycan? Such a model could bring it closer in starting price to the Panamera, and would broaden the market for it.

I'm probably going to wait a couple years for depreciation to do its job (since I depleted my car budget getting another six figure used car recently), and I'm eyeing the Taycan 4S Sport Turisimo. Nevertheless, I'm curious what lower cost options there will be. One nice thing about EVs is that the less powerful models have largely the same character as the full power models (apart from outright speed), whereas there's a big difference in smoothness, sound, responsiveness between various levels of petrol ICE engines.
I’d guess depreciation will be pretty potent so you have a nice plan. Audi will also release an etron GT next year which should be pretty nice if it lives up to being the sedan version of their etron suv. If you’re willing to wait longer, I expect the nascent EV competition to really heat up mid decade.
Old 02-03-2020 | 11:39 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the "base" model Taycan is the Tesla Model S P100D -

Quick Reply: Base model