Trunk & rear passenger room too small

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by freqflyer
Remember in 90s when the Volvo stationwagon was a status symbol among professional soccer moms, man I bet Volvo is still scratching their heads and wondering how Subaru came in and snatched it from them.
Price.

And they really didn't. The wagon market overall is dead. Despite Volvo's attempts to revive. And the E63.

Let's see if the RS6 Avant sells.

In any event, I don't think that the Taycan ST should be too SUV-ish, especially since the next Macan is likely going to be all EV.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:23 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by freqflyer
Remember in 90s when the Volvo stationwagon was a status symbol among professional soccer moms, man I bet Volvo is still scratching their heads and wondering how Subaru came in and snatched it from them.
Ugh. My wife wanted one when the kids were little. I bought a Suburban instead. (Still have it. Just used it a couple days ago to help a neighbor move some furniture. She's a Tesla owner too...)
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 PM
freqflyer
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Price.

And they really didn't. The wagon market overall is dead. Despite Volvo's attempts to revive. And the E63.

Let's see if the RS6 Avant sells.

In any event, I don't think that the Taycan ST should be too SUV-ish, especially since the next Macan is likely going to be all EV.
True, but Subaru sells 15-17K Outbacks a month, not bad in the land of CUVs. And pretty much is a segment owned by one automaker. The majority of drivers are women and in the upper demographic, used to be Volvo's demographic and sales.

Will a Taycan "Outback" sell? Stranger things have happened.
The following users liked this post:
CarMaven (09-24-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 12:12 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

I had a V90 Cross Country prior to my Sport Turismo. Not a fair fight to put it mildly but the overall engine and transmission in the Volvo was utter garbage. I tried really hard to love the car (loved the design and utility) but simply could not.

Quick Reply: Trunk & rear passenger room too small