Default Rumors?

Anybody heard about this?
The following 2 users liked this post by Cpoarchy:
r553 (09-08-2019), wdr911 (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 01:19 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks to be real. Porsche must be getting some heat about the release of the top models only

which I’m sure the 30000 depositors weren’t banking on
Old 09-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Horsepower and range

From the graphic below the taycan turbo s has less range than the turbo, I speculate that the other models will have less horsepower and more range, many videos elude to this, and Porsche states 310 miles in previous documents. We will see, now just getting the price in line, might see the 4s in the config next month..

Old 09-08-2019, 10:17 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Look at the numbers on S Performance. Wrong but wouldn’t that be revolutionary?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:24 AM
CaymanCarver
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 171 Posts

In other "rumor news" - Porsche is making a play to buy Tesla. Which I personally think would be AWESOME.

Heard it from a friend over beers after work, who has another friend that who knows a guy etc..
So thought I'd be the one to put it on the interwebz.. and therefor make it the truth.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Always good to know a guy, or a guy that has a guy that knows a guy, that has beer. yesss... go porschela
Old 09-08-2019, 02:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,752 Likes on 5,130 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanCrush
In other "rumor news" - Porsche is making a play to buy Tesla. Which I personally think would be AWESOME.

Heard it from a friend over beers after work, who has another friend that who knows a guy etc..
So thought I'd be the one to put it on the interwebz.. and therefor make it the truth.
You mean your friend's cleaning lady has a cleaning lady?
Old 09-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Default Maybe not rumors

Old 09-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Over on the Taycan forum, I asked PAG_J1 if he could confirm trim levels, timing and a few other questions..... I've copied the exchange here for folks. Good news is similar to above - looks like the 4S will be introduced sometime in Q4 of this year - I hope that means October and not December! PAG_J1 also noted that there was a good chance that all models of the Taycan will get the 2-speed differential.and that all models will get the 800V charging system. This, I feel, is good news for those of us who cannot/will not consider the "halo" Taycans in the Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S.

Toby

Toby Pennycuff said:
PAG_J1,

First, congratulations to you and your colleagues on the successful launch of the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S. In spite of some naysayers here and elsewhere, I am of the opinion that the production car is close to the original Mission e concept. Is it everything we all hoped for? No. Should we be disappointed that everything hoped for was not available on Day One? Certainly no! Thus, congratulations are certainly in order to the PAG team for delivering a pretty cool car in its initial iteration.

With that said, is there any information that might be made available about the downline versions of the Taycan? Whether those might be a Taycan 4S or a Taycan 4 or even the base-level Taycan? With this subject in mind, please allow me to pose several questions>
  1. Is there a plan to introduce these downline versions within the next 3-6 months? Can you elaborate on timelines for the introductions of downline Taycan models?
  2. Can you elaborate on what the distinctions will be as a buyer moves "down" the trim level to a Taycan 4/4S or even the base Taycan model?
  3. Will the 2-speed differential be available as an option for the downline models?
  4. What power output and recharge capabilities should be expected for downline models?
  5. Will there be specific options available for wheels (I love that the Mission e Concept wheels made it to production!)?
  6. Will the second screen on the interior be an option?

As before, most of us recognize that there is a limited amount of information and data that you might be allowed to supply. Any information in these areas (and other questions that will surely arise on this subject) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much for all you provided leading up to yesterday's launch. I, for one, am very appreciative of your willingness to close some information gaps and put some rumors to rest.

Thank you very much and once again, congratulations!!

Toby Pennycuff
Hello Toby,
thanks for your congralution on the world premier of the Taycan.
I'll try to answer your Questions to the best of my ability.

First of all, the following informations aren't official confirmed. So don't regard them as a fixed info.

Upcooming different Taycan Sedan versions:
-Taycan (Base) confirmed
-Taycan 4S confirmed
-Taycan GT(S) not confirmed: I've heared rumors that Porsche is working on a Taycan GT Version. But I don't know anything about it (could be a GTS or another Version). Will be introduced after 2021 as there are nearly no relevant informations right now.

1.) Introduction of the downline versions are planned for Q4 2019 or if there are any delays for Q1 2020. No Information about the GT model.
2.) Base won't have AWD, less Standard Setting (don't have Details here). Charging rates will be the same throughout all models (I've heard 800V will be Standard).
3.) Don't have exact informations, but I expect every Version will get the 2 gear Transmission.
4.) I've heard they'll use the 800V Technology on every model, so therefore the charging rates will be the same (If they downgrade to 400V Technology at 150 kW you can recharge the battery in About 30min).
5.) You can order the exclusive design wheels in different Colours through the exclusive manufacture. For other informations look at my older Posts at the Taycan Wheel Topic.
6.) Yes, will be optional for every model.

Hope These answers will help you.

Kind regards
The following 2 users liked this post by Toby Pennycuff:
Cpoarchy (09-09-2019), MM3.9GT3 (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 10:51 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Toby, this is very helpful. The 4S seems to be the sweet spot in the Taycan lineup.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,605 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Toby, this is very helpful. The 4S seems to be the sweet spot in the Taycan lineup.
As long as performance isn't downgraded TOO much and the range stays pretty similar it will be for sure.

What's interesting is that the Model 3 performance and the Model 3 LRAWD are both rated the same 310 miles EPA, despite the Performance having the 20" Pilot Sport 4S tires, and the LRAWD being standard on the 18" Aeros. There is definitely a real world 10% penalty vs. the two, just with the tires / wheels. So theoretically the range for the 4S should be better than the Turbo with smaller tires, plus they may be able to re-program the gearbox strategy to be a little less aggressive for more range.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:03 PM
BobMort
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Over on the Taycan forum, I asked PAG_J1 if he could confirm trim levels, timing and a few other questions..... I've copied the exchange here for folks. Good news is similar to above - looks like the 4S will be introduced sometime in Q4 of this year - I hope that means October and not December! PAG_J1 also noted that there was a good chance that all models of the Taycan will get the 2-speed differential.and that all models will get the 800V charging system. This, I feel, is good news for those of us who cannot/will not consider the "halo" Taycans in the Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S.
So essentially the 4S will be mechanically and electronically the same as the Turbo. So where do you think they'll make the $40k saving? Has to be a much smaller battery, possibly also with lower spec motors. I think more money to be saved on the battery pack than the motors. If you're disappointed with the range of the Turbo then prepare for even more disappointment. You're likely to be looking at well under 200 miles real world range.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Toby, thanks for the great information, really helpful. love this car, I see a black 4s in my future. (Hopefully)
Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great news if the 4S is available that soon. I expected announcement Q1 2020 with deliveries late in 2020. IF the leaks are true, definitely much better.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:17 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

When the base shows up I will trailer it home with my Rivian
The following 3 users liked this post by RONGLOS:
CaymanCarver (09-11-2019), evanevery (09-10-2019), Needsdecaf (09-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Rumors?