Rennlist Member

In the video, you can get an idea of the proportions compared to the Model 3
Old 07-05-2019 | 12:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ccpecot

In the video, you can get an idea of the proportions compared to the Model 3
Appears to be similarly sized to the Model 3, which is a foot shorter than a Panamera. That's consistent with the designer's discussion posted earlier in the week that it would be shorter than a Panamera.

Also, I really dislike how the Polestar 2 appears to be "Cross-Countried". It looks too much like an AMC Eagle stance-wise. They must have just taken a current S60 body and slapped it on top of the skateboard. Yech.

Wow, just watched the video in it's entirety. GREAT comparisons of the Taycan vs. a Model 3, a car that I am, ahem, fairly familiar with. The Model 3 has a rather tall roof line so no surprise that the Taycan is lower. It looks to be about the same length as well. Maybe slightly longer, but definitely shorter than a panamera. And you can really see how low the front hood line is. The Model 3 is already pretty low and this is noticeably lower.
The following users liked this post:
Ccpecot (07-05-2019)
Old 07-05-2019 | 07:02 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Appears to be similarly sized to the Model 3, which is a foot shorter than a Panamera. That's consistent with the designer's discussion posted earlier in the week that it would be shorter than a Panamera.

Also, I really dislike how the Polestar 2 appears to be "Cross-Countried". It looks too much like an AMC Eagle stance-wise. They must have just taken a current S60 body and slapped it on top of the skateboard. Yech.

Wow, just watched the video in it's entirety. GREAT comparisons of the Taycan vs. a Model 3, a car that I am, ahem, fairly familiar with. The Model 3 has a rather tall roof line so no surprise that the Taycan is lower. It looks to be about the same length as well. Maybe slightly longer, but definitely shorter than a panamera. And you can really see how low the front hood line is. The Model 3 is already pretty low and this is noticeably lower.
Funny, my wife just got a Model 3 and that's our first EV. I actually do like driving it. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Taycan has to offer. I have a feeling that we won't be disappointed.
Old 07-05-2019 | 08:20 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

congrats on the Model 3 - I like mine as well.
The following users liked this post:
Ccpecot (07-05-2019)
Old 07-08-2019 | 10:08 AM
groundhog
Race Car

The Taycans looks really good. Design, style and performance combined. Quality shines through.
Old 07-08-2019 | 12:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
The Taycans looks really good. Design, style and performance combined. Quality shines through.
Well, really hard to judge quality on a bunch of engineering prototypes. But I agree, they look really good. I think that is's going to be very good looking in person. Not quite as stunning as the Mission E, but quite a looker nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Taycans test charging in Germany