Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When's Your Porsche Taycan / Mission E Release Date and Price ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 03:30 PM
CJ455
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When's Your Porsche Taycan / Mission E Release Date and Price ?

Hey all,

I'm new here and super excited to learn about the Porsche Taycan / Mission E as I am seriously considering an all electric car. I saw that a good amount of people on this forum are interested in ordering a Taycan

For those who have already placed an order and deposit for one, what did you pay for yours? (If you don't mind me asking).

Also, when is the ballpark release date and/or your expected delivery date?
Old 07-20-2018, 04:04 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,741 Likes on 1,830 Posts

there is NO MSRP, options, or release/delivery date as of yet - if you want an EV soon you'll have to go another way - the Taycan is at least 1 year away from any customer deliveries.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:29 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got a call today from my local dealer after registering my interest online. The sales advisor told me that he expects configuration to open in Spring, with first deliveries by the end of the year. He also told me that I was the 2nd person to put a deposit down and that he expects to get a first allocation of 5 cars.
So the timing that was share with me was shorter than I thought and the waiting line was shorter as well.

I canceled my Model 3 reservation after 2.5 years yesterday
Old 07-20-2018, 04:49 PM
CJ455
Rennlist Town Crier

Originally Posted by TrappistMonk
I just got a call today from my local dealer after registering my interest online. The sales advisor told me that he expects configuration to open in Spring, with first deliveries by the end of the year. He also told me that I was the 2nd person to put a deposit down and that he expects to get a first allocation of 5 cars.
So the timing that was share with me was shorter than I thought and the waiting line was shorter as well.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. What color are you interested in? (both exterior and interior, assuming they offer the one's you're thinking of)
Old 07-20-2018, 04:53 PM
CJ455
Rennlist Town Crier

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
there is NO MSRP, options, or release/delivery date as of yet - if you want an EV soon you'll have to go another way - the Taycan is at least 1 year away from any customer deliveries.
Thanks for the heads up!

And wow, at least a year? That's going to be a long time, but I think I definitely want to wait for this one
Old 07-31-2018, 03:17 PM
RonF
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by TrappistMonk

How much deposit you have to put down? I called my Porsche dealer he says they are not ready to take deposit yet and won't tell me how much it would be. I kind of feel he's trying to sandbag me.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:53 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

no sandbagging - they hoenstly don't know - NOTHING has been announced other than the existence of the car sometime in 2019/2020
Old 08-09-2018, 08:05 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 268 Posts

Interesting. Isringhausen isn't even taking deposits. At least that's what they told me recently....
Old 08-10-2018, 04:37 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I put a depoosit was $2500.. refundable prior to build,...
Old 08-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Rms2130
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Deposit put down today at Mcdaniels Porsche in SC!
Number 7 in line. Was told that they can actually submit an order as of today...
Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Was told that they can actually submit an order as of today.
what does that actually mean - is there a price sheet? is there a configuration matrix?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
what does that actually mean - is there a price sheet? is there a configuration matrix?
Not sure about others, but these are the steps I've experienced after interacting with my dealer this week:
1. I registered my local dealer on the Taycan microsite.
2. I was contacted by the dealer and informed that a deposit was not necessary at this point, as the ability to enter the customer's name in the build bank was not available for US yet.
3. There is an internal configurator titled, "Creating a Future Model Taycan Configurator", and once available for US entry, the dealer will take my deposit of $2500.
4. My name will be entered into the build bank (with no specific build) via the configurator.
5. The actual configuration of the car will come at a later point (sometime next year).

Others might a different experience, but I thought that I would share:-)
Old 08-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Rms2130
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
Not sure about others, but these are the steps I've experienced after interacting with my dealer this week:
1. I registered my local dealer on the Taycan microsite.
2. I was contacted by the dealer and informed that a deposit was not necessary at this point, as the ability to enter the customer's name in the build bank was not available for US yet.
3. There is an internal configurator titled, "Creating a Future Model Taycan Configurator", and once available for US entry, the dealer will take my deposit of $2500.
4. My name will be entered into the build bank (with no specific build) via the configurator.
5. The actual configuration of the car will come at a later point (sometime next year).

Others might a different experience, but I thought that I would share:-)
my understanding is the build bank and/or internal configurator went live today...
Old 08-24-2018, 07:46 PM
Rms2130
Advanced

just confirmed with my dealer contact. In his words:
me (in text): “So just to confirm, so kind of online build bank or configurator went live today allowing you to actually enter our purchase orders into some kind of database?”
dealer: “Yes that’s correct. My GSM is putting it in today.”
Old 08-24-2018, 07:58 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

hhh- I 'd love to know what configuration choices are available and if pricing information is now trickling out - super! thanks.

Quick Reply: When's Your Porsche Taycan / Mission E Release Date and Price ?