Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

SoCal Spyder Drive Part Deux.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but here is a 911R for sale ... the dealer had two on the lot and one is already gone ... not sure if it sold or not ... but this one in yellow is available for $999,999.

http://www.southcoastacura.com/used/...f091443f24.htm
Old 12-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Please don't hesitate to hijack the thread, the drive is over and I'm liking the direction this thread is going...
Old 12-17-2016, 03:52 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 973 Likes on 424 Posts

I love how the Acura dealer listed the car as a "GT3RS"

They can ask whatever price they want, but nobody is going to buy it anywhere close to their asking. Right now, actual market price is around 280-300K over sticker on a standard color R with the right option (lift, SMFW, bucket, Bose and AC).

On the "fake" PTS cars (racing yellow, black, lava orange), it's about 25k more.

On the real PTS cars, nobody knows because none of the 14 PTS cars in the US have traded hands yet. Anyone care to wager what a PTS R is worth over the standard color R?

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
Not to hijack the thread but here is a 911R for sale ... the dealer had two on the lot and one is already gone ... not sure if it sold or not ... but this one in yellow is available for $999,999.

http://www.southcoastacura.com/used/...f091443f24.htm
Old 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Here are some sneak preview of my interior. Just look at the smile on my face in the mirror

In these pictures, you can already see the level of detail we went into making it a proper two tone:

- Instrument cluster leather in brown, while the steering column is in black leather, along with the lower portion of the dash
- Vents wrapped in brown leather with painted slates in Brewster Green to bring in the exterior color inside
- PCM and center console trim painted in Brewster Green
- Door pull and seat belt in silver to match the exterior silver accents
- Center console leather extended in brown to bring the dash portion into the center armrest as a natural divide

These are just a few of the many details that have gone into this build. Will post more pictures when the car actually lands in the US.
Attached Images     
Old 12-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

So many tones!
Old 12-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Absolutely speechless at the attention to detail. The combination of brown, green and black with the silver is truly stunning and I'll be honest I'm not a fan of green cars.

I have to ask, did you come up with the combination on your own or did you get some help from the Porsche center?
Old 12-18-2016, 02:58 AM
unotaz
Drifting

I came up with the combination request and Porsche would sometime offer "suggestions." Obviously, there was a lot of tinkering, as I went through 3 versions of my car's design before finalizing everything. Some of them are valid, and some of them I ignored because I think it looks better the way I requested.

I will give you an example, my instrument cluster is wrapped in Tarpan brown leather and originally, I had the steering column wrapped in brown as well. Porsche came back and said it would be better to do it in black, to separate the two zones with the lower portion of the dash (since it's in black). They had a valid point and I took their advice.

The opposite of that would be the rhodium silver sideview mirrors and door handle. They thought it would look out of place, but I insisted and pushed through. In the end, it came out really well. I just met the Porsche Exclusive designer this time and he said he was wrong on that.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Absolutely speechless at the attention to detail. The combination of brown, green and black with the silver is truly stunning and I'll be honest I'm not a fan of green cars.

I have to ask, did you come up with the combination on your own or did you get some help from the Porsche center?
Old 12-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Crazy good!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:28 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey

It was a great 300+ mile day.

Pretty cool, gentlemen! Wish I were there! You guys in SoCal (and, NorCal) get to play all year long! Keep playing!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I came up with the combination request and Porsche would sometime offer "suggestions." Obviously, there was a lot of tinkering, as I went through 3 versions of my car's design before finalizing everything. ..................
Not only you have a good taste for cars (and, the resources), you know how to spec them! Congratulations on the R. After you get it home and drive for a period of time, please post a review. You could compare it against 981 Spyder. I happen to think, for the street, 981 Spyder is the perfect sports car! Anything more might overwhelm the enjoyment. Would be interesting to hear about how the 'Driver's 911' stakes up against the 'Driver's Boxster'.

Quick Reply: SoCal Spyder Drive Part Deux.....