Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

And another question for Spyder owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014 | 09:16 PM
pbkirby
Advanced

Default And another question for Spyder owners

Do Spyders come with Sirrus/XM radio built in or the option to add after ?

The car I'm looking at has the CDR-30 with Sound Pkg Plus. Car is a '11 with 2K miles. Dealer asking $63K, seems high, Cars.com shows a range of $57 - $63K, nothing at auction on Manheim. What do you think it is worth ?
Old 05-21-2014 | 09:45 PM
Supagoat
Instructor

The Guards Red one?

Prices vary by circumstances. Stratham was asking $64k for one with around 7000 miles last year. Looking at the used Spyder search I see some that haven't moved in a year... But the price isn't outrageous, no. You can get one cheaper if you try, yes, but if you're looking at the red one your chances of finding another red with such low mileage are very slim.
Old 05-21-2014 | 10:05 PM
pbkirby
Advanced

Yes the red one. Waiting on a trade offer for my '04 S 550 Spyder. No sirs/xm may be a deal breaker as I would use it as a daily driver with the exception of rain and cold winter (which is short in SC). I've added XM to my existing Boxster, could always move it over I guess
Old 05-21-2014 | 11:21 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

No built in Sir/XM on the CDR-30 that I know of. You would have to move the one from your existing car over or buy new. You could stream Pandora and connect your phone via the Aux connection, no bluetooth streaming which is incredibly antiquated for a 2011 luxury car.

As far as pricing, it really comes down to finding a Spyder with the options you want. If you want the Sport Buckets and Manual the search will be more difficult although they do pop up regularly. If you don't care for the sport buckets then your search gets much easier and prices usually are lower.
Old 05-22-2014 | 01:01 AM
genxr
Rennlist Member

No XM/Sirius except maybe thru the aux connection. I can't say that I've ever had my radio on though.

That price seems a little rich for that mix of option. If you were flexible on color, I'd be looking at this one on ebay. Far better optioned spyder that will hold it's value.

I had to hunt my spyder for a year before I found one with my must have options.
Old 05-22-2014 | 07:02 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pbkirby
What do you think it is worth ?
Given that it is a Porsche CPO, based on my experience selling one last year I would say it is a $56-58k car. $58-60k if it had sport bucket seats.

Looks like a lot of Spyders to choose from right now. I doubt any sell for over $60k.
Old 05-22-2014 | 07:21 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Looks like a lot of Spyders to choose from right now. I doubt any sell for over $60k.

Perhaps but the careful shopper might find a real bargain. After all the new 981 GTS is only sporting a ten hp bump on the Spyder. Additionally the GTS does not have anywhere near the exotic franchise the Spyder does. With all the bells and whistle package the 981 GTS package has at the end of the day I'd be willing to bet the Spyder holds up just fine as a driving experience against it at a fraction of the cost and with what? Most cars sporting around 10K mileage.

Quick Reply: And another question for Spyder owners