Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder's New Home

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
Note from the wise. The floor will be a bitch to keep clean. Cherish those pictures, it will never look the same.
I have had both Epoxy and now the tiles..... I will NEVER do the tiles again. Epoxy is the ONLY way to go in the garage.

Looks great. But just wait
Yeah but knowing Afshin, he can and has the will to keep it clean.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig67
Looks to me like you have room for a lift!!!
I do! I'm planning on adding a four post lift within the next couple of years. That will give me the room I need to store all three cars plus the kids toys.

Originally Posted by Plavan
Note from the wise. The floor will be a bitch to keep clean. Cherish those pictures, it will never look the same.
I have had both Epoxy and now the tiles..... I will NEVER do the tiles again. Epoxy is the ONLY way to go in the garage.

Looks great. But just wait
Keeping the white clean will definitely be a pain and I don't expect it to be easy. I've already found that porous plastics clean very easily with Griots Interior Cleaner and mild scrubbing. I figure if the floor looks bad in five years I'll take out the white and either replace it with the same or maybe a different color. Alternatively I may go with epoxy but so far I really like the tile and the look it offers.

Originally Posted by n2cars
Marine Blue,
Garage looks great. What are the dimensions of the garage and what kind of lighting did you use?
thank you
It's a slightly oversized three car garage with 11 ft ceilings. I have four sets of fluorescent fixtures, each set contains four 4ft tubes to create an 8ft length. I added four can lights above the Spyder to help me see any swirling or scratches. It's plenty of light for what I need although some type of neon and a tv would make it better.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
SIXPEED
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new space. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Worthy of a Spyder!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Worthy of a Spyder!
Indeed! Looks great, Afshin. Love the floor. I dream of having a lift, haha.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:11 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Hi Marine Blue. Sorry to revive such an old thread but it seems your acct isn't allowing/accepting PM's so just wanted to reach out and ask if you were at the SD GO Cars and Coffee on Sunday at the Cabrillo National Monument Park. If so, I was trying to meet you as I was looking at the cars but then I saw you driving off so it was too late.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:08 PM
David Borden
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Very tidy, congrats!
Old 08-09-2022, 07:32 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Welcome to Kansas!
Old 08-10-2022, 01:37 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Hi Marine Blue. Sorry to revive such an old thread but it seems your acct isn't allowing/accepting PM's so just wanted to reach out and ask if you were at the SD GO Cars and Coffee on Sunday at the Cabrillo National Monument Park. If so, I was trying to meet you as I was looking at the cars but then I saw you driving off so it was too late.
Apparently Rennlist banned him and other users and mods over some sort of dispute. It’s a huge loss not having Marine here anymore.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:10 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
Apparently Rennlist banned him and other users and mods over some sort of dispute. It’s a huge loss not having Marine here anymore.
Oh wow. Didn't know that. Crazy that users and mods got banned. Must have been something really serious/bad. Thanks for letting me know. He should just sign up under a new name.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:23 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Oh wow. Didn't know that. Crazy that users and mods got banned. Must have been something really serious/bad. Thanks for letting me know. He should just sign up under a new name.
Apparently a number of mods complained to IB about the RL politics forum getting out of control and IB banned them all. There might be more to the story but Marine is 100% a gentleman and a huge resource of Spyder knowledge. The rest of us suffer for the consequences of IB’s actions.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:48 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Btw, you can find him on Insta:

https://instagram.com/ocd.detail?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 09-13-2022, 08:04 PM
rich c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

At the risk of being banned, IB should close and delete the politics forum. Lots of other places for that. Rennlist should have the best porsche experts. We lost way too many from the politics forum purge. Good porsche guys just said the politics forum was crap. I agree.

Quick Reply: Spyder's New Home