Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder weight

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tapeworm
Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to put a 10lb Lithium battery in the front as this seems like an easy way to lose ~40lb, it's unlikely to affect the suspension much as it's really just the equivalent of half a tank of gas (Although the standard battery is situated weirdly high up in the car).

The only other serious weight savings (Other than bucket seats @ ~26lb) would be a Tubi exhaust to save ~20lb at the rear. Seeing as my car has the PSE though, I would lose the PSE functionality (I assume), I like the sound of the PSE, don't want any drone and I'm not sure if saving 60lb total would make the car *that* different - it's not like the car feels like a pig with a full tank of gas and a puppy when near empty, which means I can’t really feel 80lb difference already…

you are correct. You won't feel any difference. 80 kg and you will feel the difference, even then not by much, the rule of thumb with such things is 10% weight loss and you will feel significant difference. Therefore, if you want a psychological effect, by all means, save the 10s of a second and spend the money otherwise plan accordingly and rip out 300 lbs (if you can).

Much like added HP, I feel a lot of this stuff is false economy. you have to put up with a lot of crap to get at the benefit and in total, you gain zip but lighten your wallet. Other than driver training (which in reality, you can never get enough of), the next best thing is new grippy tyres and after that, if i need more performance.... buy a gt3 rs (if you can afford it).... otherwise back to driver training and keeping up with maintenance.

I don't agree with many here on modding but then, if everyone were to agree on the same things, the world would be a very boring place.....
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI- Stolen from another thread.

Adaptive Sport Seats 128.0 lbs.
Regular Sport Seats 97.2 lbs
GT2 style Sport Buckets 67.0 lbs.

Quick Reply: Spyder weight