Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Sport button?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012 | 06:52 PM
ddr10
Advanced

Question Sport button?

My Spyder has a sport button that can be activated at anytime. My build doesn't show a PSE. What does it do other than disable the up-shift indicator? I have a 6 spd on top of that...
Old 02-17-2012 | 06:56 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

The throttle response will change in sport mode. I believe the sport button changes the torque so it increases at a lower RPM. It can make the initial clutch let off a little touchy.
Old 02-17-2012 | 07:56 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

It's supposed to effect PSM, too.

In ‘Sport’ mode, the PSM intervenes later for increased longitudinal and lateral dynamics. PSM now affords greater manoeuvrability under braking and exit acceleration, especially at low speeds.

For maximum dexterity, PSM can be set to standby while the car is still in ‘Sport’ mode. For safety, it is set to intervene automatically only when ABS assistance is required on both the front wheels.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/tec...lectedVariant=
Old 02-17-2012 | 11:11 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The throttle response will change in sport mode. I believe the sport button changes the torque so it increases at a lower RPM. It can make the initial clutch let off a little touchy.
Correct that it increases throttle response; shorter pedal travel for a given amount of throttle. But WOT is WOT. It absolutely does not do anything to "change the torque".

Quick Reply: Sport button?