Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Aqua Blue Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

So when are you ordering?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Finally took delivery today on a great sunny South Texas day. Thanks to several members of our PCA region for helping to make the day special. JSF 101 and his wonderful wife drove some distance to so his Speed Yellow spyder could get to know my Aqua Blue one. Best guess is that Porsche of San Antonio has sold at least 8 Spyders, but only one Yellow and one Aqua blue. Car is fantastic and well worth waiting for.
Congrats f4, she's a beauty! Enjoy her for many smiles.

Glad to see you're still enjoying your youth!

Originally Posted by JSF101
it's a beauty...love that Aqua Blue
you know they still have a "changeable" Cayman R allocation
how about Aqua Blue twins?
Wait, What?

My friend is starting to look for a Cayman R. He was told that Porsche was finished with the R builds.

So what's the real story? If anyone knows the build status of the R's shoot me a PM. Don't want to derail f4's Spyder intro.

Happy Trails!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Finally took delivery today on a great sunny South Texas day. Thanks to several members of our PCA region for helping to make the day special. JSF 101 and his wonderful wife drove some distance to so his Speed Yellow spyder could get to know my Aqua Blue one. Best guess is that Porsche of San Antonio has sold at least 8 Spyders, but only one Yellow and one Aqua blue. Car is fantastic and well worth waiting for.
Very very nice. I too have a C2S and have considered the Spyder but just have not had the nerve to pull the trigger for the swap. I love the C2S. What's your take on it now? Any regrets?
Joel
Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Very very nice. I too have a C2S and have considered the Spyder but just have not had the nerve to pull the trigger for the swap. I love the C2S. What's your take on it now? Any regrets?
Joel
NONE! the C2S ( mine was an '09) is a great car but more of a GT than a true sports car. Before people start shooting darts. it is powerful and handles well but just not exciting to drive, I don't get the feedback I do with the Cayman and now the Spyder. The Spyder is just pure fun, plenty of power, very nimble and just fun. I have not forsaken the 911 as I still, and always will have my somewhat improved '83 SC. MY decision was also based on the fact that if I want comfort AND all out power I do have the Cayenne. Don't get me wrong the 997 is a great vehicle but just not the excitement and smiles the Spyder gives. Thank you PORSCHE for building great cars that one can make choices with. The limited production of the Spyder wasalso in the equation. That all said if you need a daily driver and have but one PORSCHE in a climate with rain ( must not be Texas) the Spyder may not be the right choice. ... was for me.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

NONE! the C2S ( mine was an '09) is a great car but more of a GT than a true sports car. Before people start shooting darts. it is powerful and handles well but just not exciting to drive, I don't get the feedback I do with the Cayman and now the Spyder. The Spyder is just pure fun, plenty of power, very nimble and just fun. I have not forsaken the 911 as I still, and always will have my somewhat improved '83 SC. MY decision was also based on the fact that if I want comfort AND all out power I do have the Cayenne. Don't get me wrong the 997 is a great vehicle but just not the excitement and smiles the Spyder gives. Thank you PORSCHE for building great cars that one can make choices with. The limited production of the Spyder wasalso in the equation. That all said if you need a daily driver and have but one PORSCHE in a climate with rain ( must not be Texas) the Spyder may not be the right choice. ... was for me.
Nice. Thanks for this. What's it like in the rain? We actually don't get that much here and I have only an 8 minute daily drive and back to the office.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Nice. Thanks for this. What's it like in the rain? We actually don't get that much here and I have only an 8 minute daily drive and back to the office.
The spyder is so much fun there must be a law against it. A true modern day speedster. Life is short enjoy and it is more weather proof than an original speedster or many British sports cars

Quick Reply: Aqua Blue Spyder