Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

I'm looking for a Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts
Default I'm looking for a Spyder

if anyone has leads on a Spyder that fits the following description, please let me know, thanks.

prefer off-white, then white

manual tranny

sport buckets preferred

I don't want all the electronics and A/C but would pay for black wheels, alcantara package, sport exhaust, sport shifter

basically, a low option car whose options are performance-oriented versus comfort-oriented.

thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 AM
SDGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched the new and used dealer inventory in 48 states about 10 days ago (finally purchased a used Spyder) and most cars are highly optioned in the comfort direction and the number of cars seems to be drying up. Most cars are indeed white with a few guards red, silver and black ones around. I don't recall seeing one car on the ground without radio or without Climate Control. The cream color is expensive- $3410 for the priviledge - probably only worth it if you pair it with Cocoa interior which is a great combo, albeit a very expensive combo. I only found one cream/cocoa car and it was a PDK and I believe presold and not yet received since I called about it - see http://pacific.porschedealer.com/new...47668/info.php

You might have to search for an allocation so that you can order the car the way you want.

Good luck.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

+1 to what SDGuy posted....and I believe you will be hard pressed to find a dealer with any allocations remaining for the Spyder

Quick Reply: I'm looking for a Spyder