Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Boxster Spyder Custom Stripe and Wheel Color Opinions....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:03 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Boxster Spyder Custom Stripe and Wheel Color Opinions....

I just picked up the white/tan boxster spyder and my order came without the stripe decal. I am debating whether to put the original black stripe decal on. I thought even the grey stripe might be nice and a little more subtle. Maybe the gold chanpagne color from the newer rs color schemes. Also was thinking about custom options ala riviera blue 996 gt3 rs style with matching color wheels. Also thought a martini racing stripe made to look just like the original would be interesting. Let's hear peoples thoughts and opinions. I guess my main concern is something that will go with the tan interior.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

My opinion? Leave it as-is. Black stripes work with the black interior, and I think it was in good taste that your car was ordered with the stripes deleted. White with tan is a classic combo, and I just don't think it works with blue wheels and stripes, either.

Your car is unique as it is, and may be the only one ordered that way. I would embrace that and leave it stock. But it's your car; do what makes you happy.

Quick Reply: Boxster Spyder Custom Stripe and Wheel Color Opinions....