Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Finally drove a Spyder today

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Finally drove a Spyder today

Low 60's, sunny in Omaha and a bit windy. Only drove it with the top down. It was PDK, white with the adjustable manual seats with power recline (not sport buckets). Not a lot of corners to try it on but balance seemed spot on. Rode as stiff or stiffer without PASM than a Boxster S does, but never bouncy or nervous. I helped the salesman put the bikini top on in under two minutes. I'm not a big fan of white, but it works on this car. Wish I would have had time to drive it with the top on to check for noise but I was just passing through town. At 55mph with the top down, the wind noise was quite low and I had no trouble talking to the salesperson. The PDK seemed to shift a little smoother and be a little less clunky than my 09 911 with PDK. Any one else notice this? If so, I wonder if this is a mechanical change or another software update? Impracticality aside, I think Porsche nailed this car just right.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:07 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
Not if you didn't buy it on the spot, after test driving it.

The next guy (like me) won't want it with miles on it!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't buy it because I would prefer a Spyder with the manual transmission and also needed to evaluate the car overall before spending 75 large. Unfortunately, this can't be done from a spec sheet.

Quick Reply: Finally drove a Spyder today