Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Special thanks to member John McM

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 12:09 AM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Special thanks to member John McM

I’d like to thank John for all the details he’s provided me this last few months. I acquired a Spyder that’s requiring a bit of rehab. John has provided me with a good deal of information to get some aspects back to factory correct. He’s taken a number of measurements and photos of his cars to assist me in making the right decisions. It’s a pain to do this and photograph mundane details, so I wanted to make sure to give him credit. Some other members have also answered my silly threads about minutia, and it’s all greatly appreciated. Today I was able to apply my side stripes with all the correct factory details thanks to John. It’s the little things that make a difference to me. Thanks to the community here for the help. Cheers Steve
The following 8 users liked this post by xpensivewino:
d90spyder (04-21-2024), islaTurbine (04-21-2024), John McM (04-21-2024), joliver3 (04-21-2024), MCPorsche987S (04-23-2024), plafondles (04-21-2024), Spyder_2011 (04-21-2024), Zeus993 (04-21-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2024, 03:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by xpensivewino
I’d like to thank John for all the details he’s provided me this last few months. I acquired a Spyder that’s requiring a bit of rehab. John has provided me with a good deal of information to get some aspects back to factory correct. He’s taken a number of measurements and photos of his cars to assist me in making the right decisions. It’s a pain to do this and photograph mundane details, so I wanted to make sure to give him credit. Some other members have also answered my silly threads about minutia, and it’s all greatly appreciated. Today I was able to apply my side stripes with all the correct factory details thanks to John. It’s the little things that make a difference to me. Thanks to the community here for the help. Cheers Steve
Thanks Steve, I was happy to help, especially as my broken Spyder will require new decals when they fade the front end paint over the doors. I’m not paying Porsche USD 750 for a pair of basic decals I can get made locally.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:32 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Thanks Steve, I was happy to help, especially as my broken Spyder will require new decals when they fade the front end paint over the doors. I’m not paying Porsche USD 750 for a pair of basic decals I can get made locally.

I agree, as much as I love to support the home team I’m not paying $750 for decals. I paid $60 for my pair from a very nice vendor out of Canada, Chris at Sticker Garage. He uses high quality 3M products and the size was pretty damn close to the factory decals.
The following 2 users liked this post by xpensivewino:
John McM (04-28-2024), Saul_Goodman (06-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Special thanks to member John McM