Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

anyone know this Spec Box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default anyone know this Spec Box?

Owner goes by BXTRBOB. Car has BXTRBOB on the sides - silver/black '97 out of SoCal.
Has been running POC. Thinking about picking this up for my move to PCA/NASA.

below are the details. Welcome any thoughts/comments - especially from anyone that knows this car first hand (I will get a chance to see it in-person next week).

ENGINE: Less than 32K miles (mostly highway miles) on a Porsche crate motor (documented) and new clutch, S Oil Cooler, Mantis Under Drive Pulley, WEVO engine and transmission mounts. Leak down test on 2/5/13 by showed no cylinders over 4%.

SUSPENSION: PSS-9’s w/Swift 450lbs/500lbs springs, front GT-3 A-Arms, GT-3 adjustable front sway bar with Tarett drop links, Tarett rear adjustable sway bar with Tarett drop links, Tarett adjustable rear toe links.

SAFETY: Full Roll Cage by Jim Pierce-Pierce Autosports (extra rear crossbar added 2013), Corbeau FX1 Racing Seat, reinforced floor under seat, G-Force 6-pt Cam Harness, slotted rotors.

OTHER: Two sets of front wheels, three sets of rear wheels, light weight fiberglass roof, custom stainless steel track exhaust system, extra oil pressure (mechanical) and water temperature gauges with large warning lights, Odyssey racing battery. New air, oil, and fuel filters, plus new spark plugs.

This car was street legal in Calif and I drove it to the track. It was dynoed at 176.2 HP and 165+ ft/lbs torque at 5,300 RPM in street trim (with catalytic converters and street muffler.) In current race trim, 2,685 lbs (BSR min 2,650lbs) w/ 235lb driver, 1/8 tank of fuel, with bumpers and bumper shocks.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:33 PM
thstone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I know this car and owner. I also considered buying it but decided to have a car custom built. Would be willing to let you know what I know. Did you go and see it?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thstone
Yes, I know this car and owner. I also considered buying it but decided to have a car custom built. Would be willing to let you know what I know. Did you go and see it?
I did go see it. I did not buy it. Will be buying a donor and building.

Quick Reply: anyone know this Spec Box?