Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Alignment experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Alignment experience

This is both a report of alignment noodling and a question....

With staggered setup (235f, 255r) we've found the sweet spot for our car to be as follows:

Front:
zero toe
camber -2.9 ish
caster factory

Rear:
1.2mm toe in each side
camber -2.4 ish

Based on the day/track, have been playing with rake and bar settings (often just adjusting 'half a hole') to get the rear end to stick better on turn-in.

Ran data yesterday with shock sweep settings and... well, that's another story (PSS9s are... sh*t).

Here's the question...

Changed the alignment yesterday to run just a wee bit of toe out on the front and increased the rear camber to match the front, i.e. -2.9 ish all around. Front bar half a hole off full stiff and the rear bar at full soft.

Ran on scrubs and was 0.8 off my PB (mosport) on fresh tires. Car was a handful to drive with a lot of mid corner push. More twitchy *** wiggle than I like at turn-in. Once the car took a set, I think the increased rear camber gave the rear end too much grip at mid arc. Too much rear camber??

Thoughts? Experience?

Last edited by jdistefa; 08-16-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 08-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

I tell you what, when you get to Jersey I'll set your car up for you. You just get a good night's sleep. Don't worry about a thing

To actually answer your question I run square with .5 degree more neg camber up front than the rear and either zero or a wee bit of toe out up front. I only have the front bar so it's either set in the middle or one from full stiff depending on the track.

I have not played with any other set ups. Interested to hear your experience and from others.

Quick Reply: Alignment experience