Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

SPB fire suppression nozzle placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Default SPB fire suppression nozzle placement

I will be installing my fires suppression system this weekend (SPA AFFF 4.0L) and am looking for suggestions on nozzle placement.

The SPA system comes with 6 nozzles, which I think is overkill for the SPB. Additionally, I think I would like to have longer coverage in specific areas by reducing the number of nozzles in use.

Three nozzles that are critical in my view are one on the driver (below, waist and below in footwell area) and two in the engine bay pointed at the fuel lines. This is how I did my last two cars.

Is it worth adding more nozzles? Not sure adding anything to the frunk/fuel tank area would do much good. What about a nozzle for the passenger side in case a passenger door exit is warranted?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has a nozzle on top of the fuel tank where the fuel and electrical connections are made. I'm no expert, but this seems like a good idea to me.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:27 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 165 Posts

Mine has three. Two are at the engine and one is pointed at my crotch. That's where I want it pointed but I recognize that if I'm looking straight ahead, it's probably going to blow right up my helmet limiting my vision even more. When I practice getting out, I turn my head and concentrate on the window net before releasing my harness. Who knows what I would do if I really had to get out but practice some kind of plan.

Quick Reply: SPB fire suppression nozzle placement